Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Just bought my American Freedom

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006 | 08:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my American Freedom

PLENTY of truck for a 30 ft fith wheel, Like Bkrukow said you could go 40 ft if you wanted to. We have partner in our group of riders with a 40 ft triple axlex weekend warrior, his rig is like 14,000 lbs loaded and he pulls it no problem with the same truck. He does have a cold air intake and exhaust on it bit thats not gonna make that much differance.

Katstoy- If its a 6 week lead time, place the order and when its done trade your 17 ft in, i'm sure they will probably do that. I think that 27 cb is really nice though. bitchen graphics.

Fourwheelnmama- What kind of problems are you having with your trailer? Where is Elk grove? Like Katstoy said if you can get it to Riverside Doug the owner will fix almost any issue right there on the spot as long as its nothing major.

2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab
21 AF toy box
blown 450 ex
400 ex
500 predator TLD
TTR 90

shut up and ride it

Old 01-30-2006 | 11:50 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

well we just got back from Glamis and had a blast. nothing major happened except for the bruise on my wifes leg from the peg. trailer was good except for a few little problems. first the generator switch was acting up and i would have to go out to the generator to shut it off. the grey tank said it was only 1/3 full but it started to back up into the shower. there is also no fuel gauge so we were worried we were going to run out but we never did. i have to take it in thursday.

katstoy,
there is access under the bed from the outside and from inside. it is fully loaded microwave, oven, 30gal fuel station, and generator. it did not have a tv but they said to get a 13" but what i got was a 19" flat screen and it works perfect.

everybody loved our trailer more because of how open it was compared to the WW and the attitudes.

Old 01-31-2006 | 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I want that trailer!! Here's the problem. I'm only 10 months into mine, which means that I've probably paid only $1.98 in principle. If I trade it in at AF they certainly aren't going to give me my payoff for it when a brand new one costs about the same. Granted I have put $1,000 of already paid for upgrades into it, but I don't want to take a loss. I also don't want to double my monthly payment. So I guess I will bite the bullet, maybe invest in that fancy Yamaha genny with the cordless remote start/kill switch and just enjoy my 17' for the next couple of years. (And perhaps upping the monthly payment on it as well!)

Hey Blown450, PM with those directions to the place in Joshua Tree. We may want to go out for a short weekend - just Saturday night - and I'm getting tired of Stoddard Wells. Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Whats up Katstoy, I am in the same situation, would love to go bigger but I like not having a payment, I just paid mine off. That 27 ft is nice though, its so open and roomy and the price is nice as well.

We are going to that place in Joshua tree this weekend. Give me directions to Stoddard Valley, I have never been there. Ok here you go: take the 10 freeway past Banning where I am at , and take the 62 towards Yucca. You will go up a pretty good grade of road at first. Go through the town of Yucca, then go through Joshua tree. You will go past wal-mart all the way out off town. keep an eye out for a highway patrol office on the left side of the road. I use this as a marker to start to look for the street to turn on. Look for SUNFAIR RD. you will TURN LEFT. There are a few houses here and there, you will go about 3/4 to 1 mile. Look for BROADWAY and turn right. Go for a ways and the pavement will end to a dirt road. Keep going,the road is pretty rough in spots,so pick and choose your route around some of the ruts. All the hills in front of you and to the left and to the right you can ride in. and as far back as you can go. The 29 palms test fire range is back behind the hills a couple of miles but dont worry, there are signs. As you will see there is a large dry lake bed in front of you. You can camp anywhereyou want, I prefer off the lake bed because of the dust , I usually go to the right on the flats or keep going straight you will see a little road that kinda goes up and off the lake bed, If there is nobody in that spot we go there.Its has kinda a homemade track for the kids up there. If these directions are not clear enough let me know.Have fun. Get me the directions to Stoddard though Aight, thanks.

2500 HD 4 x 4 CC
21 ft AF toy box
blown 450 ex
400 ex
500 predator TLD
TTR 90

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Stoddard is pretty big and can be accessed from just outside Victorville to Barstow. Here's how we do it:

From Banning take 10W to 215N to 15N. Exit past Victorville at the SECOND Stoddard Wells exit "Stoddard Wells Road/Bell Mountain" don't exit on the first Stoddard Wells Road exit. At the end of the ramp, turn left. Up a ways is what appears to be a fork, stay to your left and remain on the main road. You'll go over some railroad tracks and will end up at a stop sign at Dale Evans Parkway. From the freeway exit to this stop sign is about 4-5 miles. Go across Dale Evans staying on Stoddard Wells Road. There is an alternate route to get to this point. You can stay on the 15, exit at Dale Evans Parkway, turn right, go down about 3 miles and turn left on Stoddard Wells Road. I think getting off at Stoddard Wells is a little bit quicker than getting off at Dale Evans.

From this point - continuing on Stoddard Wells Road, the road is pavement for about 100' then becomes a dirt road. Go in about 2-3 miles and you'll see all the toyhaulers. We usually park about 1/2 mile down from the kart track sign, on the right side of the road. There's a nice little track for the kids and some privacy.

There's some interesting stuff to see: go kart track and ostrich farm. The terrain varies from rocky hills, to hard pack dirt roads to sandy washes. Lots and lots of riding room. We usually do an off road ride to the Slash X cafe for lunch with the kids or at night for beer and pool for the "bigger kids". Let us know if you guys are up for a weekend up there. There's usually 2-3 toy haulers and a couple of kids (10 and 5 year olds) that ride better than most of the adults! The Barstow Poker run is there twice a year, that's a fun weekend www.barstowpokerrun.com. We're doing the April run this year.

Old 01-31-2006 | 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Kats. Oh by the way its only like an hour to that place in Joshua tree from my house in Banning . So when you reach Banning you know you have an hour to go. Stoddard sounds cool I heard its alot like Ocotillo wells as far as terrain, It has a little bit of everything. I'm always game for new places. Have you been to El Mirage off of the 395n hwy in adelanto. Its pretty cool. I have some friends that go riding down on the otherside off the freeway behind the slash x cafe, there are always after me to go, I work alot , so any riding time I get I cherish it.Like I said we are probably going to head out Friday about 5:00 to Joshua Tree ( aka--- Coyote lake ) Thats what alot of people I have met up there call this area. Yes there is alot of coyotes there, so if you have dogs keep them inside at night.

2500 4 x 4 cc HD
21 ft AF toy box
blown 450 ex
500 predator TLD
400 ex
TTR 90