Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Tornado intake insert

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado intake insert

What's so funny?

Old 02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

So, following this logic, that means changing the air intake tube and factory air filter to a K&N or equivalent means it doesn't work because it's not on vehicles from the factory.

Sorry - I disagree with the logic.

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Refering to the tornado:
Think about it this way, if those inserts alone give such a performance increase, why aren't they standard on performance vehicles? If you could squeeze another 10% hp out of a 500 hp Vette, they have them standard in an instant.
There is a reason they're not. Those things don't work.
As I said in another post, scientific studys have shown that these types of items signifigantly reduce the size of your wallet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Typically a vortex is used to separate liquid or other particles from air. Tornado claims it improves atomization. That doesn't make much sense.
Here is an review by someone who isn't selling it:
vortex review
I googled "tornado horsepower" and it was near the top.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BradBlazer
Typically a vortex is used to separate liquid or other particles from air. Tornado claims it improves atomization. That doesn't make much sense.
Here is an review by someone who isn't selling it:
vortex review
I googled "tornado horsepower" and it was near the top.
Good write up.
The better fuel mileage could just have been because the drivers were taking it easyer on the pedal too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

look at it this way...it costs maybe 4 cents to manufacture, and it improves milage and horsepower...AND all the major manufacturers spend millions each year, trying to increase their overall milage rateings by .5%.
Doesnt add up..if they could get the same results for 4 cents, why spend millions? theyve gone so far as to have 5w 20 oil, because it increasing milage a tiny fraction. You think all the engineers at GM and Toyota and honda and Ford are idiots ?(well maybe not ford, i still cant figure out why ford has taper seat spark plugs that blow out the threads )[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

[quote]
Originally posted by: rpxr400So, following this logic, that means changing the air intake tube and factory air filter to a K&N or equivalent means it doesn't work because it's not on vehicles from the factory.

Sorry - I disagree with the logic. /[quote]

Look at all the arguments about K&N and other high flow filters allowing particals through. Not going to argue whether that's true or not. But if you had to warranty a high performance motor, and had a choice of a fliter that has been deemed acceptable to filtration needs, or putting one on that may not be acceptable, which would you put on? All it takes is one lawsuit to open up a can of worms.

If I'm not mistaken, the Tornado does not change the filtration of the air, just it's supposed flow.