Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Tornado intake insert

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado intake insert

Does the tornado intake insert actually work? I've heard that they work graet but i've also heard that they don't work at all. NAPA says no money back garanty on theae things. Before I spend $100 CDN I want some real world input. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: speedi
Does the tornado intake insert actually work? I've heard that they work graet but i've also heard that they don't work at all. NAPA says no money back garanty on theae things. Before I spend $100 CDN I want some real world input. Thanks.
Do you think youd breathe through a straw any better if you had one in the straw?

Old 02-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pure BS but after you install one you will get better milage. Here's how: Once you spend your money for your tornado device (or gas line magnets and other such gimics), then you will be very focused on seeing just how much better MPG's you will get. So, what do you do? You drive a little slower, you accelerate slower, in short - you drive in a more economical fashion. And sure enough, your milage will be better. For a while - until you go back to your usual driving methods.

If you want to get better milage without spend huge amounts of money then:

1. Slow down by 10%
2. Accelerate at a slower yet steady rate - use the old "pretend you have an egg under your gas foot" trick
3. Check the air pressure in your tires
4. Switch to synthetic fluids
5. Keep your windows closed

Old 02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen studies on these type of products. "Tornado" and Throttle Body Spacer , and they both decrease horsepower and torque. DO NOT USE

Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: trailride
I have seen studies on these type of products. "Tornado" and Throttle Body Spacer , and they both decrease horsepower and torque. DO NOT USE
Throttle Body Spacers increase hp numbers on the dyno and thats not my opinon. I got almost a 18 hp increase in my V10 at the rear wheels. =]

Crane Cams

Old 02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Refering to the tornado:
Think about it this way, if those inserts alone give such a performance increase, why aren't they standard on performance vehicles? If you could squeeze another 10% hp out of a 500 hp Vette, they have them standard in an instant.
There is a reason they're not. Those things don't work.
As I said in another post, scientific studys have shown that these types of items signifigantly reduce the size of your wallet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Throttle Body Spacers increase hp numbers on the dyno and thats not my opinon. I got almost a 18 hp increase in my V10 at the rear wheels. =]

Crane Cams
Do you have the printout of your dyno run? Is this the only mod you did for the run? Out of all the reviews and "real world tests" a throttle body spacer did little to nothing or cost HP in every case. But maybe yours is different.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx

Crane Cams
Do you have the printout of your dyno run? Is this the only mod you did for the run? Out of all the reviews and "real world tests" a throttle body spacer did little to nothing or cost HP in every case. But maybe yours is different.
I had the truck dyno'd almost 10 years ago and yes we did quite a few mods. We dyno'd it 5 times once after each install. But the only one that ended up being a waste of money was the headers. One of the biggest hp gains was when I installed 6 alcoa (19.5lb) rims. It removed almost 575lbs of rotateing mass with my tire selection. If you click that link I had there you will see that spacer I use is from Crane Cams a very respected organization in the automotive field.

As far as my real world review, I have a 5 speed. I can smoke all 4 rear tires from 1st to 3rd, without power braking. (powerbraking is for lamers). If I don't let off it will blow the tires. =]

Old 02-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

I have sold 100's of these and customers tell me they love them and they do have a 30 day money back policy if napa wont take care of you call the manufacture and they will take care of it

Old 02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bamurf80
I have sold 100's of these and customers tell me they love them and they do have a 30 day money back policy if napa wont take care of you call the manufacture and they will take care of it
lol.

Quick Reply: Tornado intake insert