Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Triton or Worthington??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton or Worthington??

I'm in the market for a 2 place trailer. I've seen the Triton, and the same dealer also has Worthington. He said he's sold a lot of Tritons (ATV88), but he feels the Worthington is a better trailer. They seemed to be more expensive than the Triton.

Also, a friend has a Bearcat, but I am shying away from that because the first one they bought was literally falling apart on them after owning for only a month and bought new. The design they have now is similar to the ATV88, and works great for them, but after seeing how those welds were breaking, I think I'm going to shy away from them.

I've also read a lot here about the happy Triton owners, and that helps a lot and I'm definitely leaning that way. oes anybody have any Worthington experience or words?

Thanks,

Rick

Old 03-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Never heard of Worthington. But, got a Triton ATV88 here and love it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Never heard of the Worthington either, yet it could be a great trailer. I picked up the Triton atv128-2 a few months ago and just love it also. Great design features for the hauling of atv's. We'll see how she holds up.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Worthington is a trailer manufacturer out of PA here. I guess they're known regionally.
That I wasn't too crazy about with the Triton was that the front just had the tongue and no A frame reinforcing it.

The Worthington is a little more, but you get more for the extra couple hundred - like 5/8" vs 1/2" plywood, A frame tongue, 10" tires vs 8" tires.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rpxr400
Worthington is a trailer manufacturer out of PA here. I guess they're known regionally.
That I wasn't too crazy about with the Triton was that the front just had the tongue and no A frame reinforcing it.

The Worthington is a little more, but you get more for the extra couple hundred - like 5/8" vs 1/2" plywood, A frame tongue, 10" tires vs 8" tires.

A Frame reinforcement? The tritons design is tried and true. Been around for a while. I suppose that if its not on there, its not needed, and weight does come into play here.
5/8"s vs 1/2"? What exactly are you gonna put on there? Besides, the tritons wood has a Lifetime warranty. What about the Worthington? I see a 5year but does that include the wood? Id guess so.
Tires? Larger tires are an option on the Triton.. Stock for stock are the TIRES a different size, or jsut the wheels?
Not sure i like how the ramps mount either.. Can they be locked on? Im sure you could use a cable lock.. Did you look at the Tritons ramps? Those are nice..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just pointing out some things.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

A Frame reinforcement? The tritons design is tried and true. Been around for a while. I suppose that if its not on there, its not needed, and weight does come into play here.
5/8"s vs 1/2"? What exactly are you gonna put on there? Besides, the tritons wood has a Lifetime warranty. What about the Worthington? I see a 5year but does that include the wood? Id guess so.
Tires? Larger tires are an option on the Triton.. Stock for stock are the TIRES a different size, or jsut the wheels?
Not sure i like how the ramps mount either.. Can they be locked on? Im sure you could use a cable lock.. Did you look at the Tritons ramps? Those are nice..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just pointing out some things.

Powerstroke, I agree with what you're saying about the A frame tongue - that Triton's been around long enough that it would be there if it was needed. I'm just pointing a couple things out that provide a little more strength (although not necessarily necessary) for a few bucks more ($150). The 10" tires include tires and wheels standard.

I also like the stowunder ramp on the Triton better than any I've seen. No positioning of two ramps, etc. The ramps can be locked on, and from what they've told me, are secured by a crank **** and a bracket.

Hey - here's a question since I have your ear. I read a post here somewhere that the tie-down channels on the Triton are sort of flimsy. Do you feel they are, or are sufficiently strong? I don't want to have to worry about a tie-down coming free from a channel or anything like that.

I'm still leaning towards the Triton. Geez - initially, I was looking at Triton and Worthington, then I have other dealers throwing names like Aluma and Thule. It's like standing in front of a candy machine, but this is fairly expensive candy.

Thanks,

Rick

Old 03-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rpxr400

Powerstroke, I agree with what you're saying about the A frame tongue - that Triton's been around long enough that it would be there if it was needed. I'm just pointing a couple things out that provide a little more strength (although not necessarily necessary) for a few bucks more ($150). The 10" tires include tires and wheels standard.

I also like the stowunder ramp on the Triton better than any I've seen. No positioning of two ramps, etc. The ramps can be locked on, and from what they've told me, are secured by a crank **** and a bracket.

Hey - here's a question since I have your ear. I read a post here somewhere that the tie-down channels on the Triton are sort of flimsy. Do you feel they are, or are sufficiently strong? I don't want to have to worry about a tie-down coming free from a channel or anything like that.

I'm still leaning towards the Triton. Geez - initially, I was looking at Triton and Worthington, then I have other dealers throwing names like Aluma and Thule. It's like standing in front of a candy machine, but this is fairly expensive candy.

Thanks,

Rick
No, I dont think the channels nor the ties are flimsy. Ive had 2 Bombardier Outlanders tied down on one hook before over some rough gravel road and it held up fine.They were tied down to other points as well but i used this one point for both quads.... I do need to buy a few more though. Just so i have some more options for tiedown points. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

The tiedown channels seem plenty stronge to me. I carry 3 700 lb ATV's and alls secure. I did pick uo another set of eyes so I have four for each ATV to hook to.