Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Good or bad toy haulers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good or bad toy haulers

Stay away from anything made by Fleetwood!! I no to many people who have had nothing but trouble with there products, Including my brother. They build junk and they won't stant behind it.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:03 PM
N2Q
Weekend Warrior

We purchased a Keystone-Hobbi toyhauler, we liked it because the weight of the machines is spread out through the trailer not just hanging at the back, we have had three machines in it for 8 months so far and have no gas smell or any other things negative to say about it, it had a couple of manufacturers issues that were repaired and resolved immediatley, we love it, also the axles are spread out a little further than most which also aids in the weight distribution. the entry door is only 52 inches wide so you can't fit anything bigger than a RZR in it, but we keep a BF650, a 400 4x4, and a 110 kids quad in it, it's 18 feet long and we use it all the time.
Dan

Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

We had the same problem looking at all of the toy haulers out there
We found out there were about 50 out there
But we just gathered the information and marked what we did like and what we did not
Talked to allot of sales people
They can be full of it
Finally found a sales person who listened to what we were looking for
He said with a smile on his face have exactly what you are looking for as we walked through lot full of hundreds of toy haulers
He was right exactly what we were looking for
bought a Desert Fox 28-P
We needed a multi use toy hauler
needed to fit our 63 Ford Fairlane Station Wagon in there to go to car shows and camp at show
Or load all the Quades and 3 wheelers and go to the Dunes with all the guys
Cargo room for car is 17'/11" can drive car up ramp still room to open door and get out
Only problems so far
drawers in bathroom needed repair no big deal
Generator hard start repair sticking choke works great
Seems as we go through a Tire every 2 to 3 Dunes trips rocks and nails hard on side walls
Good points
6 guys can go camping at dunes all can sleep comfortable
We fit 5 Quads full size and 2- 3 wheelers with all of our gear
It is a bumper tow
I am happy with decision
Stay safe
Ray

Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a 2007 Weekend Warrior Sept. 2006 since day one we have had many MANY issues starting with main slide pin breaking off numerous times. We have replaced the pin at the dealership 8 time and I have replaced it 5 times because I was stranded. We have replaced the drive motor on the slide at the dealership but still have a problem breaking pins. I have blown about 10 tires, only to find out that the axles were bent from the factory, so I was told. We have replaced the axles at the dealership but still were blowing tires. Last week we were leaving town and the welds on the front axle broke loose and the axle hangers collapsed while we were going down the road. We also had main slide control button short out and catch fire. So many other numerous problems our workorder file at the dealership is like a phone book. I have contacted WW and at this time have not gotten any results.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Slick Rick

I bought a 2007 Weekend Warrior Sept. 2006 since day one we have had many MANY issues starting with main slide pin breaking off numerous times. We have replaced the pin at the dealership 8 time and I have replaced it 5 times because I was stranded. We have replaced the drive motor on the slide at the dealership but still have a problem breaking pins. I have blown about 10 tires, only to find out that the axles were bent from the factory, so I was told. We have replaced the axles at the dealership but still were blowing tires. Last week we were leaving town and the welds on the front axle broke loose and the axle hangers collapsed while we were going down the road. We also had main slide control button short out and catch fire. So many other numerous problems our workorder file at the dealership is like a phone book. I have contacted WW and at this time have not gotten any results.[img][/img]</end quote></div>
This trailor is the top of the line billet model 40 ft

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Slick Rick

I bought a 2007 Weekend Warrior Sept. 2006 since day one we have had many MANY issues starting with main slide pin breaking off numerous times. We have replaced the pin at the dealership 8 time and I have replaced it 5 times because I was stranded. We have replaced the drive motor on the slide at the dealership but still have a problem breaking pins. I have blown about 10 tires, only to find out that the axles were bent from the factory, so I was told. We have replaced the axles at the dealership but still were blowing tires. Last week we were leaving town and the welds on the front axle broke loose and the axle hangers collapsed while we were going down the road. We also had main slide control button short out and catch fire. So many other numerous problems our workorder file at the dealership is like a phone book. I have contacted WW and at this time have not gotten any results.[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I wouldn't be contacting WW, I'd be contacting a lawyer and get a new trailer on WW's dime

Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

wardman,

Have you purchased a new trailer yet?

Slick Rick,

If you ever contact a lawyer, I will be more than willing to give them a statement about all of our troubles that we have had with our WW trailer (2007 LE3505).

Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM
jp1
Trailblazer

I have an 06' hobby. 22ft. I haull 2 kal 700 & a polaris 700 in it . And it pulls like a dream. We have been all over to motorcycle rallys. With no problems. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've been quite happy with my old Patio Hauler, now made by Extreme.

I ended up paying cash for a used one, rather than financing a new one.

These things drop in value pretty quickly in the first couple years, whether used much or not.

Taking the drawers out of the kitchen and looking inside is a good way to get a look at attention to detail and quality.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

Taking the drawers out of the kitchen and looking inside is a good way to get a look at attention to detail and quality.</end quote></div>

That's a good idea, I'm " kind of " looking for a used 5th wheel. I'll start looking closer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].