Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Watch this crazy video! Dont let this happen to you!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch this crazy video! Dont let this happen to you!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>that came over way too easily... whats up with that? </end quote></div>

It did look to come down pretty easy. But those structures aren't made to take impact like that, he was going a little fast and that load has a lot of force. It almost looked like he wedged under it, pushing it up a bit...the momentum he had going just toppled it.

It's a good lesson, with loads like that stay out of the tight business lots, know your load, slow down and pay attention.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

I'm glad nobody was hurt of course but I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who has their head that far up their ***. What makes it even worse is he is allowed on the highway to put everyone in danger. Sorry for the rant but some of these guys have never even pulled a little red wagon and go out and buy a rig like that having no clue about how to pull it. I think larger r.v's should require having a CDL to operate. I delivered them for awhile and we had to have a CDL to do it for money so he should need one to do it for fun! The next dumb move he makes could be on one of your family members....think about it.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:58 AM
Trailblazer

im with you hddoperator, idiots like him shouldnt be allowed to breed. although the stucture that he hit was very poorly constructed. there is no way that the structure should have went over that easily. if look very closely you will notice that the bottom of the concrete pillars holding up the structure, look like there's nothing tieing them to the concrete below. seeing that im suprised that a gust of wind, hadnt already knocked it over. although its no excuse for stupidity

Old 11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

OUCH! Looks like a candidate for the Darwin Award.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

Operator error aside, the design and construction of that structure was defective given the likelihood of vehicles travelling in close proximity to it.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! That is a tuff lesson to learn! I remember when that first surfaced back in July...that the report was the driver and his son were in the truck. Lucky his son wasn't injured!

Towing...is very serious business!...IMO.

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with everyone who says it was a defective structure. You should be able to crash into buildings without damaging them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]