Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Toyota Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Toyota Tundra

Oh, no, say it isn't so. No offense to you Dodge57Hemi, but the Cummins is the only Dodge I would get. I hope they don't ruin what Nissan has created. For instance, Isuzu made the Trooper up until about 1995 or so. It had been a great product with excellent reliability. I had a 1993 that I liked alot and didn't have any problems at all in the first 100,000 miles and even after that just a couple minor issues. GM bought a controlling share and discontinued the Trooper. I hate to see good vehicles get ruined. Hope it doesn't happen.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Tundra

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

Oh, no, say it isn't so. No offense to you Dodge57Hemi, but the Cummins is the only Dodge I would get. I hope they don't ruin what Nissan has created. For instance, Isuzu made the Trooper up until about 1995 or so. It had been a great product with excellent reliability. I had a 1993 that I liked alot and didn't have any problems at all in the first 100,000 miles and even after that just a couple minor issues. GM bought a controlling share and discontinued the Trooper. I hate to see good vehicles get ruined. Hope it doesn't happen.</end quote></div>

You might be just in luck as there is a new 5.4 Cummins v8 and a 4.2 v6 on the way for 1/2 ton use. Wether or not both will be offerd is still up in the air but that is all that I am waiting for as well!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Toyota Tundra

cummins making a V-style engine thats going to be intresting. well heres an older cummins v-8
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://...m/wat...6ThH0OtRfMg
">"&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ThH0OtRfMg
">"&gt;&lt;br "&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ThH0OtRfMg
&lt;br ">&l.....m/wat...6ThH0OtRfMg
</a>
</a>
</a>
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ThH0OtRfMg
&lt;br [/L]
the only thing really ticks me off about dodge is i want from them is a 8ft bed and crew cab in half ton but i dont think thats happening.
Id love to see them put the V-8 cummins in the dodge durango. man i dont right i just cant bring myslef to chose between truck and suv.
Ive had both and loved both
guess a 5x8 trailer makes a great replacement for 8ft bed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
oh well cant wait to see if they have anything like this at the chicago auto show.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default Toyota Tundra

I've had both SUVs and pickups. I keep going back to pickups. If I used both the bed and my trailer I could get almost a cord of wood per trip. I need crew cabs because my boys are almost as tall as I am. 6'3".

Old 08-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Toyota Tundra

I had a 2003 ford explorer eddie bauer limited edition. It had a third row seat had all seats filled with friends and a with the 5x8 trailer mine loaded with a 2001 trailboss , suzuki rm 125 and a 5hp mini bike. It had the heavy tow package and the V-6.
as the saying goes everyone has different needs. Im thinking about a ford explorer or a Chevy Tahoe after I payoff my little hyundai accent "such a great little car I plan on keeping it and not trade it in". although Ive even thought about something from honda or toyota but Ive got a long while before I have to think about lol.
what bugs me alittle about pickups is When I load it with stuff I endup tear it up the bed would rather have something i can easy put in the garage and touch up in the a garage.
I think im going to replace my 5x8 with something a little bigger. 5ft wide is the perfect width so it will fit in my garage. Im going to be looking into better brand trailer like load trail and PJ trailers.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default Toyota Tundra

One of the first things I do with a new pickup is have a bedliner sprayed in. The best I've ever used is the Line-X. It adds to the stiffness of the bed as well as it protects. I think you can get the Titan with it as a factory option. I haven't had anyting scratch it yet. I've had quads in the truck bed, and many loads of firewood. Good investment.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Toyota Tundra

When I was shopping around for a new truck, I had considered a 3/4 ton. When I was talking with a Toyota salesperson, I asked if Toyota had any plans on a 3/4 ton. They told me that a diesel version would be out before they did anything like that.

Guess Dodge and Nissan have my phone line tapped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default Toyota Tundra

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

One of the first things I do with a new pickup is have a bedliner sprayed in. The best I've ever used is the Line-X. It adds to the stiffness of the bed as well as it protects. I think you can get the Titan with it as a factory option. I haven't had anyting scratch it yet. I've had quads in the truck bed, and many loads of firewood. Good investment.</end quote></div>

Yes, it's to the point of you'd have a hard time finding a dealer that didn't have one with the spray in.

Back when I bought our 06 Silverado, the Nissan dealer I went to was charging for the bedliner and the tie down system. Had to look then for one that didn't have it. Knowing Line X was about 325 bucks, and they were adding 600 just made me look elsewhere.

I'm sure they charged for it on our 08, but I got such a good price on it, you wouldn't have noticed.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Toyota Tundra

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

When I was shopping around for a new truck, I had considered a 3/4 ton. When I was talking with a Toyota salesperson, I asked if Toyota had any plans on a 3/4 ton. They told me that a diesel version would be out before they did anything like that.

Guess Dodge and Nissan have my phone line tapped. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

The last I have heard is that Toyota will be useing a I-6 Hino 7.3 or 7.4 which is the own in hosuse Diesel! There was a concept at last years SEMA show!

Many moons ago when I did new car prep I used to see all kinds of diff spray in bed liners in trucks and by far the best of the bunch is Line-x. Now you know which one I have in my truck and love it!

Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default Toyota Tundra

I agree that Line X does have the best spray ins.

Back when we had our 02 Dakota, I had it done at a shop. The funny thing was after is was sprayed in, they put the plastic Line X logo and their business name on the inside side of the bed. Looked like they used a hot glue.

If fell off after about 2 weeks. May not say much about the choice of advertising, but it does show that the liner repelled the glue instead of absorbing it.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra