Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Can't decide on a trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide on a trailer?

I am also looking for an open trailer.... I have the two XP's that I will haul most of the time but on occasion when the whole family goes I'll need to a third sport quad on the trailer and one in the truck bed.

I do want the option to haul 3 utility quads though. It looks like the XP's without brush guards measure 7' (84'') so with with brush guards I think I will need a 7.5' - 8' wide trailer to transport side by side. Leaving a few inches between the quads to carry three I believe 12.5 is the minimum and ideally 14' will do it. So if that is all correct it looks like an 8 x 14 is needed? With 3 Popo's on board the weight requirement also gets up there, probably need a 2700# capacity.

I live in Mass .... if anyone has any recommendations for make, model, dealer, size, ect. I would appreciate it.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:17 AM
DCT
Banned

Ruggo,

Can't help you much other than this...

My son has a 2 load (or 3 small ATV's) NorthStar steel mesh trailer. Works fine, but the mesh is always rusty no matter how much you maintain it. I have a single load mesh trailer (can't remember the name). Same deal... always rusty.

My dealer handles Triton Aluminum trailers, and highly recommends them. I saw one with 3 full size Sportsman's on it. The guys who I have talked to than have them... really like them.

I would go with a high quality aluminum trailer if you plan on keeping it, and the ATV's for a long time. They are not cheap, but they are easier to tow, seem to hold up well, and are easy to maintain.

EDIT: If you are near Boston, I'm sure you can find a dealer close by.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have an aluminum trailer that I use to haul ATVs, motorcycles, a Jeep, and a muscle car. When I looked at aluminum trailers there were two brands that seemed to be the top dogs; Triton, and H&H. Of those two brands the H&H trailer had visibly better build quality, and much stronger overall construction. The difference was evident when seeing them in person, and when comparing the specs. The H&H trailer weighed 500 lbs more than the Triton trailer, which is a big difference considering they were both the same size trailer, and both trailers were made entirely of aluminum. I purchased the H&H trailer, and I've been real happy with it. It is by far the best quality trailer I've owned. I would certainly recommend an H&H trailer to someone looking for a new trailer, even if they do not need one of their aluminum trailers (they make all different kinds of trailers). Their web site is: http://www.hhtrailer.com/

DesertViper

Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Here this might work for you!

Here is my 2place trailer made by the same MFG that I had LINE X'd to keep it from rusting!

Here is a link to where I bought mine here in Co and to give you some other ideas!
http://www.trailersourceinc.com/atvhaulers.html

Old 02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Dodge, What did you pay for that two place trailer, and how wide is it at its widest point?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Turfguy

Dodge, What did you pay for that two place trailer, and how wide is it at its widest point?</end quote></div>
Thinking off the top of my head it is 72" wide and I payed 1600.00 for it.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, looks like that will be the next trailer.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you can find a Zieman, I'd highly recommend them. They are steel, and have two ramps on each side, that slide in to stow under the deck. You could probably get 3 utes on it, if you slide one in between the fenders.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

Is that 3 place trailer made or only sold at trailersource?
I live in oregon and would like to be able to buy one or have one made.I called trailersource and got the impression that they did not want to share much info on the unit except that they could
hold one for me to drive 1900 miles one way to pick one up.
Any additional info someone here can share would be very appreciated, including pros and cons of this type of trailer
for hauling 2 polaris 850xp on the back and using the front place for extra gear.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is for sale...

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/1086230782.html

Quick Reply: Can't decide on a trailer?