Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

How do you tie down you ATV

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

4 ratchet straps in an X to the frame. I also "compress" the suspention slightly. The less travel up/down the more secure the quad. Oh I also set the E-brake one notch for trailering only.

Never had any issues.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Dande
I like to strap mine down around the tires, that way the suspension can move as it should, kind of like a car gets straped to a trailer or dolly and these would be better than what I do;

ATV Tire Bonnets Set of Two
Thanks for the info on the tire bonnets from BulldogATV. They look like a great ides, just like the cars are tied down on trailers. I ordered two pairs yesterday. When I get done with my trailer project AND learn how to post pics, I'll post some of my little 5X8 custom trailer for my PoPo 800.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tie down

In the Pickup i use two straps from bed rings to rear hitch safety chain eyes. When on the trailer. I use winch to U bolt on trailer frame with slight compression of suspension and on the rear from hitch safety chain eye to trailer floor eye.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by firehog
My popo fits so tight in my little trailer that I only set the brake and leave it in park. There's no where for it to go.
Fire: But if you got hit running around town say, the impact of a small accident has the energy to throw the machine out of the trailer. Wouldn't want it to hit somebody and be liable, or damage the machine more than necessary. I don't know....seems like it's worth throwing a couple straps on whenever it travels on the road. -Just to keep yourself safe.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hutch42
jumbo frank ties town the same way i do except i use an x pattern, front to back, back to front same side works really well.
Ditto, Get them at Harbor Freight for like $20.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Range Rover

Let's see some pic's I guess I am old fashioned and just use a tie down on each end for our enclosed trailer but after seeing the tire bonnets those look great. Hard part is marking where to anchor them. Having guests for us to trailer changes our configuration almost each weekend we go.

Here is a question has anyone used the Etrack stuff? I was thinking this might help solve my problem???? Also how does the tire bonnet attach?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up all the E track stuff. Going to install it this week on my car hauler trailer. I think it's going to work out really well, anchor points everywhere, and clean looking.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Im sorry I don't have a current more complete photo of my rig, but my Uncle built this rig (similar to a Louisiana guard dog only much thicker metal). It slides into my receiver hitch and then clamps onto the ball on the back of the quad.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's ingenious! I dig it!

I installed the E track system and have to say it is the bomb! Now all my buddies are doing it. I'm a bad influence, their wives probably hate me!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

firehog, how are those tire bonnets working out?

Going to post some pics????