Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed

Well this past weekend wasn't a total bust - (tore down my tiller yesterday and had to torch the wheels off to get it apart only to find that a $3 part was needed )..... but.......It actually warmed up enough to wash out and seal/paint my 16x7 trailer interior to protect the floor from any future water damage from wet/muddy CATS.

I tossed around alot of different ideas, but settled on an ANTI-SKID laytex sealer/protector for decks & walkways etc...

I also added so "extra" silica sand to grip-it-up a bit. So the wifey & I washed/scrubbed it out - let dry - taped - primed - & 2 coats of DUTCHBOY.

So as per "MAN-LAW" the finished result:

Attached Thumbnails WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed-paint1j.jpg   WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed-paint2h.jpg   WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed-paint3.jpg   WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed-paint4.jpg   WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed-paint5.jpg  

Old 04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile

Very nice !!!! Thanks for the idea.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

GREAT job!

biz

Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Looks good

Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I am embarrassed to show a picture of what my trailer floor looks like. hmmmm I think I know what I am doing this weekend.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Range Rover

I really like the look of your trailer, great job.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Ruggo
I am embarrassed to show a picture of what my trailer floor looks like. hmmmm I think I know what I am doing this weekend.
I'm not going to enter a, "who has the best trailer?", contest either. Nice job, cupsz71!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Exactly the same product I used on my new deck installed a few months ago on my 101x10 Snowmobile trailer. Now that I have had it for a while and have "broken it in" a couple thoughts. First, it is great stuff. I have a tilt trailer that I used to have my ATV's slide down while loading. No longer. Also, no longer concerned about slipping in my muddy boots. The stuff cleans up OK, although that grit does have some drawbacks when it comes to trying to turn a quad sideways manually. They don't slide very easily. I have also noticed some chipping of the paint, but nothing I can't overcome with MORE paint. My fault with dragging a machine while turning it sideways on the deck. I used the anti slip right out of the can with no extra sand added. It works just fine. Got it for under $25 a gallon at Lowes. Definately a 2 thumbs up from me...

Old 11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
Exactly the same product I used on my new deck installed a few months ago on my 101x10 Snowmobile trailer. Now that I have had it for a while and have "broken it in" a couple thoughts. First, it is great stuff. I have a tilt trailer that I used to have my ATV's slide down while loading. No longer. Also, no longer concerned about slipping in my muddy boots. The stuff cleans up OK, although that grit does have some drawbacks when it comes to trying to turn a quad sideways manually. They don't slide very easily. I have also noticed some chipping of the paint, but nothing I can't overcome with MORE paint. My fault with dragging a machine while turning it sideways on the deck. I used the anti slip right out of the can with no extra sand added. It works just fine. Got it for under $25 a gallon at Lowes. Definately a 2 thumbs up from me...
X2 its a good product painted my ramp with it,tiled the floor!

Attached Thumbnails WEEKEND PROJECT - ATV Hauler/Shed-backview-new-trailer.jpg