Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Carrying Two ATVs on a 5x10 utility trailer with sides?

Old 01-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking at the prices of new trailers, the bigger ones don't cost that much more than something like a 5x10. A 6x12 would probably be big enough. Like this New 2016 Model 6 X 12 Utility Trailer w/ 4ft Gate & 3500lb Axle. Usually the next size up for a utility trailer is a 16', which are usually about 6 1/2 ft wide. That would be a bit of overkill but would give you extra room if you ever wanted to haul another quad. Something like this NEW 2016 Model 16ft Utility Trailer w/ 4ft Gate (Channel Frame). Here's a nice 14' aluminum trailer 2016 Quality Steel 14' Aluminum Utility Trailer. It costs a little more but aluminum is lighter and easier to tow. I know these are local to me in Southern Illinois but I'm sure there are dealers near you that sell similar trailers.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I had my trailer built for me by a fabricating co and it was cheaper than buying a new one. I have an 8'wide x 10'long what looks like a snowmobile trailer and yes it tilts. However I had them add side pockets to the frame that a 4x4 would fit into. I used 2x12 lumber for side rails on the trailer but they come off and work as side loading ramps for my atv's. The whole trailer cost me less than 750.00 and I had to make the side/ramps. Trailer works great and I do like the side loader feature. Looking to sell it as I have moved up to a UTV and looking for an enclosed trailer.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I had my trailer built for me by a fabricating co and it was cheaper than buying a new one. I have an 8'wide x 10'long what looks like a snowmobile trailer and yes it tilts. However I had them add side pockets to the frame that a 4x4 would fit into. I used 2x12 lumber for side rails on the trailer but they come off and work as side loading ramps for my atv's. The whole trailer cost me less than 750.00 and I had to make the side/ramps. Trailer works great and I do like the side loader feature. Looking to sell it as I have moved up to a UTV and looking for an enclosed trailer.
gezz you got off cheap in my area to have a fab shop build a trailer like that would be 3x the amount. Heck i had 2 pc of alum diamond plate done for the broken fenders on a quad and they dinged me $300. I lucked out on the purchase of my side load. i sold my ubuilt trailer that i had $500 into for enough to pay for my new trailer.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yea, this outfit does fab work but when they are slow they build trailers.
They have a big jig made up and you give them the dimensions you need and they cut and weld it all together, add the axle of your choice and basic light system. Nothing fancy, you have to paint it your self but they do put the plywood deck on or will give you the plywood already cut so you can add it after painting. Their prices are much better than most others but then they use the trailer building as a side line, sometimes you have to wait a few weeks. They also have some standard sizes already made that you can just walk in and buy. Keeps them busy all the time.