Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Trying to finding legal riding places here that are less than an hour away. Not having much luck.
Are you running a spark arrestor at Miami?
With all the fire danger here I don't want to ride without it and possible start one. Gotta get one for the 250 and mine since it's wide open [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Are there noise limits there to test beforehand?
CA limit is 96dBA anywhere. Is it enforced at Miami, not to my knowledge. There isn't even a place I think that would qualify for the SAE test (i.e. flat with nothing around it.) I've heard some seriously loud bikes there. Just keep it quiet if the Ranger is around. The joke is "Yeah, that's 96 decibals." Followed by wiping the blood away from your ears.

And spark arrestors are required pretty much everywhere but the dunes. That's one that they do check. Mainly there they check for stickers and spark arrestors.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

ITs raining right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
It was wet here this AM. but I don't see anything else falling. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
It was wet here this AM. but I don't see anything else falling. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Just another rotten day down here in SD. 71 and blue skies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Just another rotten day down here in SD. 71 and blue skies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
,,!,,

Old 11-02-2006, 09:42 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Trying to finding legal riding places here that are less than an hour away. Not having much luck.
With all the fire danger here I don't want to ride without it and possible start one. Gotta get one for the 250 and mine since it's wide open [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We have a place out by the canal we can ride with no hassles. Its about 5 miles from my house. I have only rode there a dozen times or so. Mainly just to test things I had tried or a engine I just built.

I run a spark arrestor on all my toys and everything is at or under 96db. Except for the CR500, is at 99db but is a '85 and thats cool for it. I have never been sound tested at any riding area. But I have had a few of my toys sound tested at off road races. KTM 94db CR500 99db CR250 96db WR250 92db YZ80 90db

Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

We have a place out by the canal we can ride with no hassles. Its about 5 miles from my house. I have only rode there a dozen times or so. Mainly just to test things I had tried or a engine I just built.

I run a spark arrestor on all my toys and everything is at or under 96db. Except for the CR500, is at 99db but is a '85 and thats cool for it. I have never been sound tested at any riding area. But I have had a few of my toys sound tested at off road races. KTM 94db CR500 99db CR250 96db WR250 92db YZ80 90db

Years ago I was sound tested at a trials ride I entered. Had the mighty TL250 with a exducer silencer which was tunable and pretty loud. It passed without a problem but the tester didn't see that the exhaust exited out the right side before the shock and pointed to the right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He was standing behind it and the meter would not be pointing at it, but 90 degrees away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Oh yeah! Killed the hill climb too! The long straight one! Almost died at the top but i did finish it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Had a great time.. But i can hardly walk now. haha
You have more ***** than I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I couldn't do that climb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Morning guys. Oh boy am I feeling Hollister this morning. Some of that place was wicked rough.

It's heck getting old isn't it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Even LJ was sore, and he's 8 years younger. I don't feel too bad considering.
Im STILL sore and am still haveing trouble moving.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
LMFAO.

Be on the look out. My support ran away. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Uploaded photos last night and this morning I'm not longer a supporting member.
Looks to be back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Hello fellow FBK's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Work stinks, worked again today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] and going in all week at 5am[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel