My Truck. How bout yours? - Page 25 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-23-2017, 12:08 AM
Moto Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDawg View Post
My Dad is 84 and he won't buy a new truck either, and I KNOW he has the money to do it - he's just too cheap!!! I keep telling him he can't take it with him and if he has any $$$$ left over there's just gong to be a brawl amongst all my siblings!!!!
My mom is older than that and won't even spend the little bit it would take to buy a pair of shoes that actually fit her. She acts like it's still the Great Depression that she grew up in, and thinks everything is too expensive. I already knew she had a a bunch of money in the bank and one day I saw some mail on her kitchen table concerning an investment I didn't know she had. One of my brothers said she has close to 1/4 of a million dollars. My guess is that the 3 of us will get around $70,000 each. Two of us are planning on getting new trucks when we have the money for them.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

In my case it isn't about the money. I get your dad. We came from a generation that frugal was a way of life, not a word we gave any thought to. We replaced things when they broke and could not be fixed, or when a newer tool made our lives easier or more productive. With the cost of new vehicles and trucks in particular where they are at today, I just can't justify it. Now if they were in the low 40's maybe, but just looked at one tonight that was $85K, and it wasn't even a Laredo. It was basically the same truck I already had in the driveway. Paid for. That is like lighting a cigar with $100 dollar bills. I got better things to do with my $.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 PM
US Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbofrank View Post
My mom is older than that and won't even spend the little bit it would take to buy a pair of shoes that actually fit her. She acts like it's still the Great Depression that she grew up in, and thinks everything is too expensive. I already knew she had a a bunch of money in the bank and one day I saw some mail on her kitchen table concerning an investment I didn't know she had. One of my brothers said she has close to 1/4 of a million dollars. My guess is that the 3 of us will get around $70,000 each. Two of us are planning on getting new trucks when we have the money for them.

I have so many siblings that what's ever left over won't mean a whole lot. To me any way - some of my siblings may see it differently. I'm pretty sure it won't be enough for a new truck...
Old 10-27-2017, 08:03 PM
US Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragginbutt View Post
In my case it isn't about the money. I get your dad. We came from a generation that frugal was a way of life, not a word we gave any thought to. We replaced things when they broke and could not be fixed, or when a newer tool made our lives easier or more productive. With the cost of new vehicles and trucks in particular where they are at today, I just can't justify it. Now if they were in the low 40's maybe, but just looked at one tonight that was $85K, and it wasn't even a Laredo. It was basically the same truck I already had in the driveway. Paid for. That is like lighting a cigar with $100 dollar bills. I got better things to do with my $.

That's just it - he's not doing anything with his money - it's just sitting in the bank!!! I would rather see him buy a new vehicle or three and maybe travel and enjoy himself. Even if he traveled he'd do it on the cheap. When I travel (which I do a lot) I like to fly business and stay at Marriott's. My company pays for a fair amount of my travel, though, They will pay for basic flights and cars and I'll use points and cash for upgrades. They do pay for Marriotts though, and I have enough points now that later this year I will reach their top tier.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Actually you should respect and admire him for his self control. Trucks are an investment these days. Prior to spending that kind of money, it should have a way of paying for itself. That was what helped me make that decision. I bought mine to pull a trailer that I was going to use in a business. My previous truck, another RAM, but one with a Hemi in it, just could not pull the trailer. So I stepped up to the diesel. And will never own a gas powered truck again. CUMMINS, that is the only truck in my driveway.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:33 AM
US Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragginbutt View Post
Actually you should respect and admire him for his self control. Trucks are an investment these days. Prior to spending that kind of money, it should have a way of paying for itself. That was what helped me make that decision. I bought mine to pull a trailer that I was going to use in a business. My previous truck, another RAM, but one with a Hemi in it, just could not pull the trailer. So I stepped up to the diesel. And will never own a gas powered truck again. CUMMINS, that is the only truck in my driveway.

Who says I don't respect him? I just think he shouldn't worry about how much he leaves behind and instead enjoy himself.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

that is the spirit. My motto is when I die, I am going to slide it in broadsides, credit cards maxed out yelling Geronimo....