Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 03:06 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It took a long time but I found pictures of my van, my old blue truck and my "new" truck. I found more pics of my SUV but haven't scanned them yet. I have to get back to sleep sometime.

First up is my half-assed van. I just masked it off with regular masking tape and newspaper and hit it with a can of yellow spray paint. The letters are the paint that was already on the doors. There was a guy at work who would say to me things like hey half-***, how are you doing? You can only have a maximum of 7 numbers, letters, and spaces on a license plate so I had to spell the lead in Lead Foot L-E-D as in Led Zeppelin. I don't like driving slow and my dad said I always drove like I was in a race. He also said I had my foot on the throttle so hard my toes were in the carburetor. It was a 360 4-barrel (5.9 liter) BTW. Someone asked me if I wasn't afraid I'd get pulled over with that license plate and now I just have one with my name on it.

Next was my two-tone blue Silverado, seen here with my first ATV, a '97 Sportsman 500. I ordered the truck with bucket seats then put a 10-disc CD changer on the transmission hump. I would set the CD changer to pick a CD at random and play all the songs on it in random order. Then it would pick one of the CDs that was left and play it in random order and keep doing that until all 10 CDs were done. That was nice on those 600 mile round trips to the U.P. and back when I didn't have to lift a finger and never heard the same song twice. I got skid plates and heavy duty shocks for half the price of the Z71 package. That was a sweet truck and I wish I didn't trade it in when I did. I had to trim this pic and the next one to fit in a #10 "business" envelope.

I traded in the blue truck for the 2001 Silverado Z71 that I still have. It's so new in this pic that I didn't have my Leer fiberglass cap on it yet. I had to wait until it was painted Dark Carmine Red Metallic to match. I ordered it with an 8' bed just like the other truck but it's hard to be sure by the picture. It's so shiny in this pic from 2000 that I can see my Trailblazer in the reflection. My printer cut off half of the trailer when I scanned the pic. No idea why, but you can see a couple of the places I tie down my quad. I drilled holes completely through the trailer (steel, wood, more steel) and put J-hooks on each corner and in the middle of the front and back. After I tightened up the nuts I cut the ends off the bottom of the hooks. Then just to be safe I welded all 6 hooks in place. I can't remember if I welded the nuts on too but they aren't going anywhere.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Current set up. 2019 Ram 3500 and 2019 Lance 825

Old 06-11-2020, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 17 Silverado 1500 - never had my Sportsman in the bed before I sold the ATV.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 07-29-2020, 09:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My junk yard rescue, 2004 Blazer 4 door 4x4.

Literally, bought from a junk yard, was destined to be stripped and scrapped.

It ran when I got it, but it needed some major work... I rebuilt the top end, AC system overhaul, replaced EVERYTHING in the interior (inside was trashed...), with some mods along the way. Have almost been through it from bumper to bumper now. The body and the original 4.3l V6 bottom end has 220k miles on it, and it's starting to show lol. Starting to leak out of every seal in the engine bay lol. Original 4L60E trans, even though I had to replace all the solenoids on the valve body some time back, but been working fine ever since (knock on wood).

I've considered putting an LS 5.3l V8 together for a swap, because I'm going to have a hard time putting another anemic 4.3l back in it if the original one ever gives up lol.

She doesn't like to tow the trailer with our two ATV's on it at all, have to keep it in 3rd gear or it just bogs down... But it gets the job done!

The day I found her. Bone stock. Boring... But 4 door 4wd SUV, exactly what I was in the market for.

And some more recent pics I have of her

Old 07-30-2020, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

^ That turned out awesome.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
^ That turned out awesome.
Thanks

It's a constantly evolving vehicle. I can't leave anything alone...

Old 02-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Got rid of the f150, and stepped my game up to this beauty.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is what we call Idaho Sexy.