Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm pretty good at knowing prices and the local Nissan dealership up here has been very competitive. They treat you like royalty too. Will have to see how they do price-wise when Mrs. Moose needs a new ride.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:12 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If nobody makes regular cab long box pickups when I'm ready for a new ride I think I'll get a Tahoe rather than a double cab truck. I won't buy a plain Jane work truck, and if I can't get an 8' box any other way there's no reason for me to own a truck at all. With just the front seats in the cargo length of a 2019 Tahoe is about 6'8". That's roughly 1/2" longer than the standard box of a 2019 Silverado, and long enough to throw my air mattress in the back and sleep inside if I want to. It's been 39 years since I've owned an SUV. I like SUVs but I bought my trucks because they were a lot cheaper, and I could haul 8' building materials like plywood in them locked up safe and dry.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotor and brake work aint super cheep. I found my truck with the entire brake system shot so Saturday I removed the entire brake lines, and completely took apart and replaced every brake parts in the rear I could and needed to replace. I gotta put on new brake lines and replace rotors and brake pads in the front yet but at least I dont need to replace all the other parts too like I did in the rear. Ive also gotta get my new tires mounted but im currently repainting my rims. Im getting there. Except now I got school, work, quad mainence, and its Turkey season so I wont be working on it much for a while.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:24 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I hope you see a turkey and put some shot through its tiny little brain. Unless you bow hunt that is. I don't have what it takes to hunt turkeys.

I'm trying to get my brakes done this week then buy a set of tires. I haven't even checked prices for them yet so I have some work to do online.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:04 AM
Country Rider

Haha thanks. I went out this morning and saw and heard a bunch but had no chance for a shot.

There are way to many types of tires, brands and pricing. I did a lot of research. It easier if you already have a brand you like

Old 04-23-2019, 12:01 AM
THE BERMINATOR

I don't have a brand preference on tires. I've had Goodyear, Firestone, Cooper, and I don't know what else. I have 3 or 4 Coopers on my truck right now, 4 I think, but I had a Firestone on there too. I just make sure they're M+S all-season tires, they're the right size, and they're neither the most expensive or a cheap POS "economy" tire. When I only replace 1 or 2 I try to get a somewhat similar tread pattern too. Every place is like, I can put you in a set of these for $xxx.xx, and I go from there. No mud tires or street only tires for me and I don't need LT tires for the weight I haul, just radials that will work everywhere I go and get me through some snow. My truck has P265/75R16 tires on it. I could put P245/75R16 tires on it and probably save a few bucks but it came with 265mm wide tires and I'm not going .79" narrower.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Country Rider

tires are a struggle for lifted trucks. I spent a lot of money and many hours of research find the right tires and the right size. Theres very little options for what I wanted and ended up having to go to a different size. Its nice having normal size tires that you can find tires easily

Old 04-23-2019, 10:08 PM
THE BERMINATOR

It's nice only having 16" wheels. I don't know about now but when 17" wheels came out the tires cost more than for 16" wheels and I think 16" already costed more than 15". It seems like every time you went up on the size of the wheels the tires cost more. There's less rubber in them when they're bigger but they never charge less for them AFAIK. Tires for 18" rims might cost more than 17" but I haven't looked at them. I've seen lifted trucks where people went down a size on the wheel diameter and put big fat tires on the smaller wheels. They had to get new wheels and tires to get what they wanted. The closer to stock it is the better for me.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:10 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I got an email tonight from My GM Rewards. I cashed in 5,000 points to to get $25 off service from the dealer and earned another 4,788 when I paid for it, 6 points per dollar spent, plus 2,000 bonus points. When I get 10,000 points I can get $50 off service or parts or whatever the other choices are, or I can use 5,000 points for $25 off again. Because of the type of GM credit card I have (there are 3 kinds) I don't get My GM Rewards points for using my card. But I still get 1% cash back or credit toward a new vehicle. I can only get cash back in $50 increments, and I just now redeemed $50 online which will come as a regular check in the mail. I need new tires and if I get them from the dealer I can get up to a $200 rebate depending on which brand I get. I think I could cash in $25 worth of points to buy them and earn more points too. I should drop in and talk to the tire guys. Maybe I don't have to shop every tire place around.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:19 AM
Country Rider

Haha yeah I had 16in wheels and just completely redid them cause they looked old when I got my truck. my new tires are 315/75/16, which are 35in tall, 12.5 in wide with 16in rims. These are big tires and even they look small on my truck! lol

Quick Reply: My Truck. How bout yours?