Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cummins

NOTHING ON EARTH CAN BEAT A CUMMINS.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

There may be some debate about which manufacturer makes the best truck. But there is little debate about who the best engine manufacturer is. Given a choice there are a lot of Ford drivers that would love Ford to offer a Cummins in their truck, same goes for GM.

Here's a picture of my Cummins, doing what it does.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Range Rover
Smile

to be totaly honest and not partial ford has the best chassie's
chevy has the best tranny
and dodge's have the best engine
thats just my opinion.
as long as its american its a truck.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i love my 7.3L powerstroke. allison has got a dang good transmission, cummins is a tough motor, sorry chevy-the only thing about a duramax is that it is a very quiet engine.

BUT LONG LIVE CATERPILLAR!!!!!!!!!

anymore, the diesels are all good and very competitive. it's very interesting to see what mods can be done, whether physical or electronic to today's diesels. some are very impressive.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

Inline power!!! I've owned several diesel trucks from All 3 manufacturers and now that I finally got one with a Cummins in it, I can't see any reason to buy anything else, big power, excellent fuel mileage....gotta love it

Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Had a 7.3L Powerstroke Ford F350 Crew Cab. Loved everything about it except for the fact mine blew 2-3 heater cores over the 2.5 years I owned it. Finally, the engine oil cooler blew. They had it for a week. Got to the point where I didn't trust it anymore. Traded it in after it ran okay for about 10 mos. Ford never told me what they did to the engine. They just told me it was "fixed" each time. Still wasn't as expensive as the GMC I bought to replace it..... If I had the money for the Dodge with the Cummins I would've tried it out but I didn't. Even the Dodge with the Hemi was about $14,000 more than the Nissan Titan I bought. It's been fantistic and without issue so far. Hope everyone else has better luck than I did.

PS I have a buddy with a GMC 2500 with the Isuzu/GM Duramax engine. It's a great engine. He pulled an old Jeep that he has that has a plow and a backhoe on it up and back a couple hours to NH. Purred like a kitten. It's a very nice engine/transmission combonation. He's had plenty of issues with the rest of the truck though. Mostly electrical like, dashboard malfunctions (you have to take it completely off and send it to a company that fixes the issues), heated seats turning off on their own, etc.

Cummins in a Ford chassis sounds pretty good to me...

Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Dodge and Nissan were supposed to partner up on the Titan for either 2011 or 2012. My understanding was they'd keep the Nissan body, and go with the Dodge drive line. Can only imagine how nice a Titan with a Cummins in it would have been.

But then the economy tanked, Dodge took a handout and now their Christmas cards comes with a return address in Italy.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden

Cummins in a Ford chassis sounds pretty good to me...
That would be very nice..

Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldsman67330
Inline power!!!
that inline is one tough motor. what was that? pre 1998 that was the dang good cummins? i think that's the one. a buddy of mine swears by it. when his truck, i believe it was the 98 (can't remember if it was a 16 or 24 valve inline), but it got hit and the insurance totalled it. he said he cried. i understood his situation. he had one tough dodge truck that pulled anything he could latch to the hitch.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

As far as all out pulling power (torque) you cannot get better than an inline engine they just produce like no (stock) V8 can. Just proven technology.

Quick Reply: Cummins