Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lifted doesn't always mean beat to death, but a lot of the time it does. Keep looking. There are decent ones out there. Or buy a stock truck in better shape now and lift it later when you have more money to spend on it.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:50 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Lifted doesn't always mean beat to death, but a lot of the time it does. Keep looking. There are decent ones out there. Or buy a stock truck in better shape now and lift it later when you have more money to spend on it.
Yea. My grandpas friend has a rust free truck sick truck that I might be able to get for fairly cheep. I think I'm going that route

Old 06-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by YamahaMoto
Yea. My grandpas friend has a rust free truck sick truck that I might be able to get for fairly cheep. I think I'm going that route
He probably didn't beat the p*ss out of it off road, so as long as it runs it's likely in good shape mechanically.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
He probably didn't beat the p*ss out of it off road, so as long as it runs it's likely in good shape mechanically.
Yea, that guy is very picky with his stuff. Never went offload and was well taken care of. In a few weeks ill find out a price

Old 06-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Moto Psycho

Anyone who keeps the body in good shape usually keeps the whole truck in good shape.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my not lifted stock tire size, bone stock 4wd pickup.

Yes I'm old. Wouldn't own a lifted truck or even consider bigger tires.

160,000 miles and I'm still on the factory brakes.

No ball joint or any other suspension issues.

I guess to most its not a cool truck but I like it.

For many many years this was truck that I took off road and hammered hard.

Bought it new in June '79. It ran on propane, had a Detroit Locker in the rear and a Ford Trac-Loc in the front.

Taller tires and no lift. It was pretty flexible. It got me around just fine.

Am I off topic??

Old 06-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Moto Psycho

Those are some ugly wheels on the Chevy. Other than that it looks the way an every day driver should. Mine is still stock too but I have cast aluminum wheels. Black-wall tires too, so every time I get a new tire they flip it around so you don't see the white outline letters. If I order another truck it won't have black-walls. Tire stores don't generally stock them. My old truck didn't look bad with 2 or 3 different brands of white outline tires, but I thought I'd save a few bucks by getting black-walls this time. Never again.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, the wheels are ugly. LOL

The tires have raised white letters on the inside. The salesman always looks funny at me when I tell them I want them on the inside.

I've looked for OE aluminum wheels but they just aren't worth the money to me that people are asking for them.

Aftermarket wheels don't have the same offset so I have no interest in them.

This is my first Chevy. I drove all three and the Chevy's ergonomics fit me the best so that's what I bought. I bought it used and had a hard time finding a regular cab. It was 2 years old and had 20,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Its been an excellent truck.

I'm currently looking for a particular used Mustang. GM and Dodge don't make a car that interests me. In fact, Dodge doesn't make anything that I would ever even consider buying. LOL

Old 06-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Moto Psycho

I can't remember the last time I saw a regular cab 4x4 with an 8 foot bed at a dealership. They're scarce as hen's teeth. Scarce as feathers on a fish. Scarce as pretty virgins. Scarce as water in a desert. Scarce as Hillary voters at NRA Annual Meetings, or ****** in church (the 2 are quite similar). That's why I ordered my truck the way I wanted it. The truck before this one too. If I order another one I won't have the Z71 package. I take my quad four-wheeling, not my truck.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, there's not a lot of them out there. They're what a pickup truck "should" look like.

A short bed wont carry my 9' 4000 lb camper.

Extended cabs and 4-drs have a horrible turning radius.

Regular cabs are easier to heat and cool too.

And they are perfect for a great sound system.

Besides, I'd rather have a really nice sound system than big wheels and tires.

Quick Reply: Truck Question