Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What should i buy? I'm short :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i buy? I'm short :)

Hey, I am wondering what i should buy for my first atv. I am a 15 year old girl and about 5 feet (if that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) I heard that the Recon would probably be best for me because of my size, but i just want some other opinions.. I want a good beginner atv that is not too expensive, but is reliable and tough. I would probably be riding on trails and stuff the most, but if i could get one that could go through mud and stuff too, that would be great![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Do you think the Recon would be the best for me? Thanks!

Old 06-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

I had a Beartracker up until about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. It was the most reliable four wheeler we've ever owned. It was great on the trails. I just wanted something faster. The Recon is a good choice, but my preference is still the Beartracker.

Old 06-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

And by the way, the Beartracker is AWESOME in the mud.

Old 06-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A short ATV. j/k in one of those moods. With 67 different sport/utilities I am sure there is one for you.

Old 06-08-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

I'll thow in the 2000 and up Kodiak's. I owned one and could not believe how light it felt. To steer and thow around was a blast. All the kids that rode it said the same. Comparing it to a Honda Fourtrax, Grizz, and a Timberwolf. And it's an auto.

Welcome to the sport![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Kodiak might be a little big for someone who's five feet tall though, no offense Cow!

Old 06-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My Recon has been reliable, light and agile. The Recon would make a very good beginner quad. As far as mud, I've never been stuck with mine. Today I went riding with a Polaris 325 4x4, Rancher 350 4x4,
Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4, and a Prairie 300 4x4, we drove through ALOT of mud, over rocks, through trees, over trees, made our own paths, under trees, and my Recon went everywhere that the others went. No problem. (The original tires are also warn down to the wear bars.) The one problem that someone had was with the Polaris because it was too tall.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

The rancher is a really great atv, its so easy to opperate, I think you would have alot more fun than a recon, not that you would outgrow the recon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but maybe youll outgrow the power, oh, thats right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Im selling my rancher[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], just look below to see the details, Ill give you a great deal on it.

Later,

Mark

Old 06-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

hey cow1234, I’m a 15 year old boy and there isnt one thing i would change about my rancher (4X4). if you want to be able to go through mud, any mud, pick up a set of DD's, better known as dirt devils, the stockers were down really fast. the DD's are the best tire for the best quad. you will never out grow the power of a rancher. but I wouldn’t recommend anything else but rancher 4X4. btw I have had no trouble with my ES. not one thing has gone wrong. so go ahead and buy it if you want. I also love having a FULL floor board. it really helps when going over rough terrain.

Quick Reply: What should i buy? I'm short :)