Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Utility Drop Basket

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Ol
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utility Drop Basket

I put a Moose Drop Basket on my Rancher 4X4ES. Since I do some prospecting out in the desert I figured it'd come in handy. The only problem is when you load 30 or 40 pounds in it, it acts as a lever and shifts the balance uncomfortably aft - which is a problem when you're climbing really steep hills.

To re-distribute the weight, I ended up putting the 10L water keg on the front rack and hanging the survival bag off the front end. (If there's any interest, I posted the contents of my desert survival bag in the Hunting Farming Outdoors Forum.) I left the basket on for when you "just gotta have it" and carry all the other gear in a Cabelas ATV bag. This technique seems to work.

BTW: overall, I'm very diasppointed in the Moose. The quality is marginal, their aftermarket support stinks, they were close to insulting when I called them to tell them one small 1"x3" bracket had a buggered thread when I opened the package. They sent me another for $20+ and shipping and it took 20 days to arrive in the mail. The basket blocks the tail lights and all but eliminates access to the built in storage compartment. If you just GOTTA have one, you gotta, but I'd recommend you try everything else before you let go of the long green.

Old 06-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

Ol,

I'm kind of confused here, so correct me if I'm wrong. You mean to tell me that they charged you an additional $20.00 plus shipping for a part that was already damaged when you received it? That's ridiculous! If that's the case, I would of sent the whole thing back and told them to take a flying leap. That's very poor customer service. Again, correct me if I'm reading your post wrong.

Old 06-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Ol
Range Rover

Jimmyjack,
You did read my post correctly. However, I live in California. Moose is in Michigan (? as I recall) and I bought it through a local dealer who "Special Ordered" it from a distributor and who's advise was "take the problem up with the manufacturer" - Moose). The bottom line was it would have cost me a small fortune to get it back to Moose who was not inclined to do anything about it anyway plus the problem was not a show stopper, just one of those little irritating things "that happen". It was Moose's attitude and lack of respect for their customer that got my goat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]