Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

KingQuad or Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2000, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a 96 model of retail price is $3,855. it says it at www.kbb.com ... So yah thats a good price. good luck with it.

Old 05-31-2000, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

lovinhonda,

Thanks for the info. I am new to the ATV scene and am looking or my first ATV. I have decided to go used (good quality if available)to get my feet wet. Does the ATV industry follow the KBB retail values closely or are they just guidelines? I did look at the Recon but for the $$$ I can get 4X4 & extended warranty with the KQ. Does the KQ hold resale $$$ as good as the Honda line up???

Old 05-31-2000, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Well first of all, yes KBB is close to what they say about the retail price. Second, in the last few years or friends have had artic cats and zusuki which a artic cat is a zusuki to. Are friends had nothing but trouble with them and still having trouble with them and now there wising up and getting a honda. We take are honda atv's to the extreme and never had a problem yet!
What im tring to say is that as long as you got that warrenty you'r ok but as soon as that warrenty is off i would sell it fast unless you'r pleased with the proformance. All what i said is vary and realy true about the zusuki'es. My idvice is that go with honda, why you say well to
tell you the truth honda hardly ever breacks down or much maintance. You will spend more over the years paying the stuff thats breaking down.

GO WITH HONDA BUT THATS UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO SPEND THE EXTRA BUCKS OVER THE YEARS. GOOD LUCK WITH YOU'R CHOISE.

Old 05-31-2000, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Andy,
Dont forget the Traxter line has the best front end drive, no levers or cables to leak water into the gear box, it just works, give one a try, you will be amazed like everyone else who has tried one.

Old 08-30-2000, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Rancher!!!!!!!!!!!
The King Quad is a piece of junk! Suzuki's reliability is right down there with Polaris. And that's bad. Honda by far makes the best atv's and certainly makes the most reliable. You never have to worry about a Honda giving you trouble. Go with the Rancher

Old 08-30-2000, 12:48 PM
Range Rover

Hondaforlife,

Question for you?

"The King Quad is a piece of junk! Suzuki's reliability is right down there with Polaris. And that's bad."

Your statement above, what do you base that on? Your experience owning both the Suzuki and a Polaris or hearsay from others?

I have a 1996 King Quad and the only problem I have had is a nut coming loose causing a minor leak. I was able to repair it myself.

Based on my experience with a Suziki I would say it is realiable. Can I compare it with other machines? NO, I don't own other machines. I do know it has never let me down.

Good luck with your machines.

Old 08-30-2000, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The king quad is not junk by any means. I would get the rancher personally because of the fun factor. The locking diff. is the biggest plus for the Suzuki, but all out fun performance benefits the Rancher. It is faster, probably turns better, and still is capable of anything that doesn't include locking the front end.

Old 08-31-2000, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

When I bough my King Quad i looked at the Rancher quite a bit. Honestly the biggest reasons I got the King were......

1) I NEEDED (not wanted) to be able to shift into 2 wheel drive.

2) Cost. I could buy a King and a Warn winch and my rack extensions for less than I could get a Rancher for.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-31-2000, 07:14 PM
Range Rover

i would say go with the kinq quad.

i love my king quad and beat the living **** out of it and it just keeps going. i think they r very reliable. All the ranges are a plus over the rancher. but it all depends on what kind a ridding you do.

94 kinq quad
85 230 quadsport

Old 08-31-2000, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

reliability boils down to maintence, if you dont do it it just will not last, btw i own both honda and a king quad, and they each have their particular strengths, just for the record i ride the kq mostly

Quick Reply: KingQuad or Rancher