Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

YAMAHA OR POLARIS

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA OR POLARIS

I have a polaris 500 H.O. I have two friends that i ride with almost every weekend and they both have grizzlys with large 589 tires. I have seen them get stuck tring to follow me threw the same mud deep water everything with 4x4 engaged and then i go threw the same hole and not get stuck. The polaris is like driving a fancy car its a real smooth ride and a very quick machine for its size it can keep up with a grizz and sometimes even out run one. I have seen them have belt problems with there grizzlys but who doesnt with a belt drivin atv. Grizzlys flip really easy and are a little top heavy and I have seen and heard of alot of carb problems with yamaha. I have drivin both and I use to hate polaris and i said i would never own one but you can let anyone climb on a 500 H.O. and they fall in love with the speed,ride, and the 4x4 shift on the fly which means anytime you want 4x4 you just flip a switch and its in at any speed, but i have seen first hand what a grizz can and cant do. Im not just sayin this cause i have a polaris but polaris is getting better every year, and all i can say about mine is the same other people say when they see it out work a grizz is wow!

Old 02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

I love my Polaris and would recommend the Polaris brand to anyone looking for "the way out"

Old 02-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris!

Old 02-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

POLARIS two years ago (thread) and still today!

Old 02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

I can't believe I read that whole thread, then realized it was 2 years old. Anyway you can't beat a Yamaha.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

I used to listen to people saying that polaris had alot of problems, finally I test drove one and bought it. Out of 5 four wheelers I have owned, I like the Polaris the best by far. Haven't had a problem in 700 miles. If you go test drive a Polaris, you will probably take it home.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

I've had my Polaris for 7 months and 1000 hard miles, and no problems to date!

Old 03-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

heh, i just realized it was 2 yrs old too...

as for yamaha vs polaris, ive owned both. i had an 02 kodiak, put 5200 miles on it, and even when it broke, i still loved that thing. it just didnt stop. whenever there was a new area, they always had me go first, and 95% of the time i went more places than the sportsmans in our group. well i wanted some more power with SRA, and i hated/hate the prarie... so i got a scrambler. honestly i wish i got the grizz. thnx to the polaris 4wd system, i might have just blown another CV joint. was spinning the rear end out, and the front left hub engaged (ive heard of this happening with a lot of people.). well since the rear was spinning out at high speeds, it jammed the front hub in hard. so now when i put it in 4wd, it makes some...unhealthy noises, yet 4wd still works. idk whats wrong with it, but ill look at it this afternoon after work and school.

the performance side of the scrambler is a blast. ill admit that, its fast as hell, goes anywhere, and just plain fun to ride...But, im not a fan of the chain drive, and next time im thinkin ill deal with IRS and get a grizz or kodiak. also with my scrambler, ive chewed up 2 belts already in pushing 2k miles by now, maybe higher (no speedo on scrammy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]). my kodiak went 5200 miles and was on original belt. the brakes on the polaris arent the best either... on all the sportsmans in our group, the rears wear out exceptionally quick...

out of my experiences with both, i say go with the yamaha

Old 03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

for utility quads i say go with the Yamaha also

Old 03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

niether, honda rincon, fluid filled tranny not big snomobile belt. traxter has gear to gear tranny also. polaris=pos

Quick Reply: YAMAHA OR POLARIS