Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

YAMAHA OR POLARIS

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA OR POLARIS

Originally posted by: bulkdriverlp
niether, honda rincon, fluid filled tranny not big snomobile belt. traxter has gear to gear tranny also. polaris=pos
I don't understand your comment, if cvt is so bad how come the automotive world is shifting more vehicles to it every year? And I will tell you that I can replace a lot of belts and clutches for what one gear tranny costs if oil starvation occurs.

Additionally, I don't give a crap who's quad you buy...if you don't do your own maintenance and checks before and after every ride...you get what you deserve...(exercise walking). Develope a before and after ride check list and do them religiously, if you accept something a little wrong...don't B#$5h when it breaks. Keep up on repairs, lube schedules, filters etc.

If you are buying your first quad....ride them all. Narrow your choice down to 2 or three models/sizes. Then ask for the pro's and con's of each seperately. The way you worded yours will get you mostly answers from the bashers who really don't ever say anything good except about the pos they ride.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well said!

Old 03-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have 2500 miles on each of my sled belts and still going strong. These sleds engines are 135 hp triples which is considerably more powerful than the belt driven quads. My quads are also cvt belts and I use one for plowing snow. I have not seen a problem with either quad. Like Sean99tj says, I can replace the clutch in a few minutes by replacing the belt. I have to rip an engine down to replace a wet clutch.
BryceGTX

Old 03-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Range Rover

ok guys i am not a basher we own both we have a 05 grizz and a 04 sportsman 700 we would use them around the house my sport greatly outpulls the grizz but her grizz has a sh!tload of power when we get out and drag race with the brothers prairie700 my polaris i have loaded 300 pounds of deercorn on the front and 300 on the back and drove trail for about 3 miles to the deer pasture and never had a problem her grizz would never handle it squats too bad i think they are both equals u need to ride both and get the one that feels comfortable too you

on another note to the person talking about honda better the rincon is a joke when it comes to power my dad has one and he can not even keep up with me or the grizz we drag race and my cousin's 500ho sport outruns him the only good honda is the rubicon cause that is the best pulling honda that they ever built

on another note the prarie 700 is a very nice machine also it is a hella of a machine just a little info

Old 03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 04 atp and we love it. any kind of work around the yard, plowing, and hauling. it is a utility quad. we also haven't had any problems with at all and i've beat the crap out of it.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

turf mode on the atp is nice. it takes it easy on the grass

Old 03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

This forum is so old, but anyway after months of talking to my friend in college about which quad is better mudding, my 04' Sportsman 700 and his '05 Grizz 660 we finally went through all the tough deep nasty mud spots where we ride in Mobile, AL.. I killed him in top speed and in the mud, AWD is way better than Limited Slip + Diff Lock.. my friend got stuck 2 - 3 times because the diff lock takes too long to activate, and all that weight Polaris has helps weigh all 4 wheels to the ground for ultimate traction. Well we also switched quads for half of the day too and the Grizz is a very nice machine, but in the mud, its second place compared to the SP 700+

Old 03-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I havnt driven the ATP, but if its a newer Polaris im sure you'll be trouble free

Old 03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Range Rover

Well in my mind their is absolutely positivily no comparison here...i mean a grizzly is an awsome machine but you guys are all comparing apples to oranges...he needs a work horse...the atp has so much more to offer when comes to work..storage...bed...higher towing capacity...i mean i love polaris and i like yamaha...but you won't be able to do as much with a grizzly as u can an ATP...You people are just telling him to go with the grizz bc u like it better...pay more attention to why he is buyin a 4-wheeler than tryin to create more yamaha fans...If he wanted a trail machine i would say dump tha atp and get the grzz but that is not wat he wants...my 2 cents

Old 03-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yamaha

Quick Reply: YAMAHA OR POLARIS