Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

whats the best 400CC atv???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best 400CC atv???

I looked as most of you did when looking at the 400 cc market.
I chose the Sportsman for a few reasons, I do extremely slow technical riding where a majority of the time is spent hanging off one side trying to punch the throttle with your foot and keep from tipping over. ALOT of the time is spent with 1-2 wheels in the air.
I absolutely Wanted to buy a quad with the front end locked, that left me the sportsman, kodiak 450 or P360. I wanted water cooling, that left the Sportsman and Kodiak, well the Kodiak has a PRETTY crappy seat I gotta tell ya, So here I am. Oh its not fast, But with the clutch kit I put in, Its helped alot, but I never get over 40 anyway. This weekend im going to a more open area, so Im gonna swap out springs in the primary and get a lil more top end ( I love the tuning ability of these autos).
ANYWHO, My point is this, I made my choice on the type of riding I would be doing most of. I suggest anyone do the same.
And Im not a proud man, If Im wide open, and you creep by me, I'll salute you as you go by. If I creep up a rocky bank, and Your stuck at the bottom, I'll throw you a rope and pull no questions asked, and I wont get in your face about it. we can bash or paraise other brands as much as we want, but what really matters is that at the end of the day you make it back to the truck SOMEHOW.
I gotta tell you, If Im ever stuck, Im not gonna turn down a pull out because of the brand someones riding!

Ron

04 Sportsman 400

Old 01-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ktmguy70, very well put.

Old 01-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] cow town usa a bomb dealer in central mo host pulling contest with a wieghted sled & mud runs & dirt drags . all very profesional they use independant judges no co emp. to run all events . it usualy draws quads from a three state region all brands . i have the privlage of working & judging several events. it is a good fair contest to see how one quad does against the other . the bomb 650 quest always wins the sled pull inits class & the open devision . the ds 650 always wins the drag race inits devision & the open class . the mud run the last to years inthe 400 & 500 class has been won by the outlander only beaten in the open class by the sp 700 polaris and not by much 5 to 10 feet in overall distance . im am curently lokking at new 400cc bike quess which one will probably end up in my garage . if any of you would like to challeng the bombs they welcom all brands and all riders . they will even let you run one there demo bikes in any comp. they are not bashfull . for a callender of events check out COWTOWNUSA.COM rick and doug will be glad to arange a privet comp if you prefer..

Old 01-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

its cowtownusainc.com