Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Goodyear Mudrunner radials....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Mudrunner radials....

I just bought a P700 and I've noticed the stock (Dun-crap) tires..suck! I don't plan on doing alot of mudding, but will encounter some on the trails. I've been looking at either the ITP ATR's, Goodyear Mudrunner radials, or the Maxis Bighorns.... anybody have experience with these tires? What do you think? How do they change the ride and handling of the Prairie?

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

i have 2 out of the 3 for my rincon..well depending on where you ride,i would get the atr's first,great handling,side bite,forward bite,good on rocks roots and wet terrain,not for deep mud..

bighorns,well heres a love hate deal,love the tire and all it could be,traction good,side bite not so good(better than big lug tires but not as good as atr's)great on wet rocks,loose terrain etc..big problem seems they either hold air or they don't??so people never have problems and others have to constantly keep adding air.so if your set holds air they are great,if not they suck..

goodyear,don't have them but have had other goodyears and they always worked good but will be pricey..

all the above either was experienced by me or i witnessed myself,no b.s. opinions here.just the facts..

Old 11-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't know Mud Runners came in a radial.

Old 11-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Go with ATRs you will love them!

Old 11-26-2003, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Mudrunners don't come in a radial. They have the standard, and the run-flat version. I have around 1800 miles on a set of standard, and have at least 75% of the tread left. These things wear like iron! Excellent hookup in the mud, but smooth on the hardpack due to the longer center cleat. They're aggressive when you need it, and tame when you don't. Best prices I've found are at treadepot.com

Old 11-26-2003, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't think they came in a radial tire. We have 3000 miles on our Mud Runners and have been very satisfied. I think they have about 1000 miles to go before they go. They could probably go further but I don't like the bottom 25% of a tire.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

Mudrunners don't come in a radial. They have the standard, and the run-flat version.
Ohh ok, for some reason I thought the Goodtears were radials? But anway, my research has lead me pretty much between the ATR's or Mudrunners....

Thanks for the replys!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought I read that Mudrunners do come in a radial. Then I checked back to the Goodyear site and can't find the word radial anywhere. Maybe I was thinking about Bighorns. Bighorns come in a radial.

Old 11-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

The only radial tires available for ATV's right now that I know of are the Highlifter Outlaw Radial, the Maxxis Bighorn, the ITP Holeshot ATR, and the one from Ohtsu that comes on the Honda Rincon. I think Carlisle might make one too. Of these, the Outlaw is the only one available in a 26" or 27". The others are all 25" only.

Old 11-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

goodyear has a new radial out, on the 650 artic cat.(mtr)

carlisle has one also and it is now coming on the 700 polaris's..

Quick Reply: Goodyear Mudrunner radials....