Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

03 Recon ES problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Recon ES problem

Hey guys/girls im having a problem with my recon, well see i purchased it about 3 months ago brand new and it seems that it had idle problems since day one.....its like on the first day it would like run great for a while then just stall outta the blue for no apparent reason and would be a pain to get started some of the times (didnt run it hard the 1st week). Over the next few weeks upon having the atv it would continue to stall and stuff but not that often but it did stall on me goin up a freakin hill now thats not good lol.Now about a 2 months ago i went riding with my brother through sum pretty crazy trails and it would stall like crazy like if i let off the gas for even a second it would stall and be hard to get running again, one time it took me like 20 minutes to get started again.....but whats really odd having not rode it about three weeks after riding with my brother because i need to take it to the shop but couldnt untill my truck got outta the shop hahaha eh.neway after we got a good 6-7 inches of snow decided to try an take it out in its first snow and behold it ran perfect maybe stalling once but was on a hill lol took me a while to get started only because i forgot to turn the gas on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]....neway i dunno maybe the choke was just gettin stuck or was runnin hot im not sure thats why im askin for your help....but on the plus side its gettin taken to the shop neway to get fixed or whatever well thanks for your help and sorry i made my post a lil llong and dull

Old 12-10-2003, 03:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wouldn't even bother trying to figure it out yourself. Just go ahead and take it back to the shop and let Honda deal with it. That's what the warranty is for.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

my 03 foreman ES was doing it once in a while also but it was a water related problem. Turned out when the sparkplug boot got wet it would miss and die. I ended up putting some dielectric grease in the boot and my problems went away. Not sure if you are having the same problem, but maybe check the connection on your sparkplug, it may be your problem.