Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Thinking of putting snow tracks on my wheeler...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of putting snow tracks on my wheeler...

Hi I was looking at all the different snow tracks out there, there pretty pricy, I just wanted to know how well they work and if their worth the bucks cause I love to ride in the winter aswell. Some people tell me they throw tonnes of snow on the rider, if anyone has them can you let me know how you like them THANKS!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

there are 3 makes out there. Matlocks - way too expensive and heavy. Kimpex @ 3000 $ canadian
ADBoivon- lightest and around $2800 Can. lightness means lots for power.

hope this helps MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

they reduce your speed alot. i dont remember by how much but i do remember that if your quad went 50, it would go somewhere around 35. i think i remember corectly, and the reason for the dramatic speed reduction is because of the low gearing they use in the tracks.

Old 12-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

that is true they do gear it down around 1/3 overall to compensate for the 100 pound each tracks. at least the litefoot tracks do. but they also give you an extra 4-5" of ground clearence you can go to litefootatv.com for some videos and specs. on them or you can go to kpx-kimpex.com then go to winter, plow for the kimpex tracks but for me they are too expensive.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

if your life relies on getting somewhere in teh snow or mud to far to walk then thats one reason to waist 4 thousand one them and only be able to go like 35mph. but if not the round things are the way to go, i mean u can pick up four of those for about 280.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

For the dough you would spend on tracks....you could find a very nice, fast sled...JMO

Old 01-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Just a question about the tracks. I heared they were hard on your differentials and bearings. Can anybody confirm this?

Old 01-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

weight difference from your tires to the tracks is the main cause of being hard on your bike. it is hard on u joints, axles, etc just from the extra force neede to turn this extra weight.

ADBoivon track system is the lightest so far, and geared to help your drive train work easy.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:32 PM
mtd
Range Rover

I was on my way to purchase a set too but kind of scared that they would be hard on the bearing and fronts. Seen them working and would tow a sled stuck in too much snow. As per speed, P650 42mph. Also they wear very fast on pave.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

THere are a couple sets around here, one on a Yamaha Grizley. They really slow the bike down, therefore decreasing the fun factor of snow riding. If you get it stuck, its really stuck too!!!

I went out and bought a great used skidoo for the winter (for the same that I'd spend on tracks), so now I have the best of both worlds. A bike for spring summer and fall, as well as winter if there's little snow or if I want to go out on the hardpack trails. Then I have the skidoo for fast winter fun, powder and mountain riding!!!

Quick Reply: Thinking of putting snow tracks on my wheeler...