Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Im getting tired of "The Best"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Im getting tired of "The Best"

I don't know about the rest of the country, but around here dealers DO NOT let you test ride bikes! (Not much of a test ride, riding around the parking lot anyway.) Only way you can test a bike is to borrow one from somebody else. Or just buy it and test ride it for yourself. Only going to cost you $4,000 to $9,000 or so for that "long term test ride".

Better yet, come here to the forum and ask your question, and hope that you get as many honest, varied, and unbiased oppinions as possible. Better to have somebody else dis the bike before you buy it, than you dissing it out on the trail when you discover that you made a big mistake!

Old 01-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok your opinion not going to bother anymore

Old 01-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Going back to: "Is everything out there the best? Is everything manufactured the worst? Are some better than others? or does it come down to what you are using it for, and what "best" suits your needs?"
I feel there's alot of choices now and all atvs have weak point and strong points. Yes some ATVs are not build as well as others but that doesn't matter that much anymore because of extended warrenties, people do a lot of maintance themselfs people now around here are taking better care of their machines etc... but what matters is "WHAT SUITS YOUR NEEDS". Yes you can read mags, and suft the web on fourms etc... but you will have bias on from owners of a particular brand and who sponsors the mag articles etc.... so read it for what's it's worth. If you want to know about a particular ATV then talk to the guy that's driveing one not the fourm PM him and ask him and tell him not to compare just tell me what it's like. Atleast the people that PM me for info on the Kawi I only tell them about the kawi when they ask and I feel they are happy this way. As for Dealers not letting people test drive them - SHAME ON THEM and my point of view is they are not dealers then and I said that to one dealer here that didn't want to let me test drive it and I said that to them and I said I would go somewheres else politely and view points change quick this way if they want your business. I would not buy an from an atv dealership that wouldn't let me test one if I asked for a test drive. I guess we are spoiled here. Now my next comment is ok so your dealer will not let you drive one and you don't have friends that have one so what do you do? Try calling or getting though to someone in an atv Club or call the manufacter/rep up. When there is a will there's a way.

Old 01-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

i agree completly with bbfx its your opinion, i could say like the raptor, 400ex and other such quads are useless, but i dont ride dunes or drag race (at least not too much) so they wouldnt be very good for me, again its a matter of opinion, and circumstances