Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Drop basket rear racks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop basket rear racks?

Has anybody used this rack and how does it do on your quad? I have been looking at them but it looks like it would put too much weight on the back for climbing steep hills and cause it to flip over. Any feedback?AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Once again. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have been looking at them, I was kinda wondering the same thing

Old 02-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Quad Patrol

I don't have one, but the way the basket is built it keeps the load pretty low in the rack, I don't think it would be a big problem for climbing if it's empty, If your going to be climbing with it loaded, can you counter weight the front with some of the load? or how about a winch set up as the counter balance? Just a thought[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

We have one on a arctic cat 300, and it does make the front end very light. It hangs the weight behind the atv.

Old 02-27-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Outdoornut, thnaks for the info, I was thinking it would make the quad to front light. I know if you keep just light things in it should not be a problem but as everyone knows if you got the space you fill it. I was wondering how much weight up front would offset it?

Hows it going Fireman? Treid to snow on us down here, after a couple of warm days I was thinking spring was sneaking up on us. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

going good, the weather here has been above 0 all week, I thought spring was on its way too, put about 25 miles on my wheeler yesterday and today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

It would take more than equal weight up front to offset the weight hanging behind the atv. Even empty the thing is heavy enough to make the front end light. I don't like to ride it with that thing on it. She uses it around the yard to haul her gardening stuff. We use the other atv's to trial ride.

Old 02-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

I put a couple hundred feet on mine. Got it stuck in the backyard because of the rev limiter in reverse. I got a wiring diagram on the way to take care of the little bugger. My street was almost clear of snow and it got me excited, then it snowed. Did you get those tires we were talking about?AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Outdoornut, what is the weight on those, is it that much? So you would not suggest it for a beer cooler or gas cans?AlaskaBoy.

Quick Reply: Drop basket rear racks?