Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Kodiak 450 or Vinson 500?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodiak 450 or Vinson 500?

Well I'm nearly there. I had a hitch installed last week on my van and spent 2 days finding a wiring harness and just finished installing that today. I broke down and bought the Suzuki Vinson the other day but it's still at the dealership getting a winch installed. I should pick it up tomorrow but I still don't have a trailer so how am I going to get it home!?! I've been looking all over but can't seem to find a deal. I want one that can hold two ATVs that way when I get another machine for my wife I'll be ready to go. I can't believe I'm having so much trouble finding a good used one. The best deal I can find on a new one is at the Yamaha dealership for $1000 but I can't see spending this kind of money and to tell you the truth I'm running a little low now that I have been spending like crazy. Any ideas?

Can't wait to get out on the trails (hopefully this weekend).

Old 04-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Do you have to register your ATV through the DMV here in Alaska?

Old 04-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Outrage,

You will need to register if you want to take it an base to ride, at least it was that way when I used to live on FT Rich. Other then that, I see no reason to do so. I know if you want to ride a snowmachine on parklands it must be registered and since atv's are not allowed I see no sense in doing so.

Check Taylor Rentals for a trailers, I saw an advertisment for them in the trailer section of the paper. Also check all the rental places that rent because they might be clearing out the older ones and might be willing to deal on the them.

There is the Trailer guy over off Dimond in between Artic and Minnesota he is back in business for the summer and I saw his lot was full. It is the one in front of the greenhouse, you enter it by going thru the coffeeshop drive. Goodluck.

I hear you on the money thing, it seems never to end and now gas is almost 2 bucks so trips now have to be overnighter to make them econmical. Later. AlaskaBoy.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks. Hey where on Ft. Rich do I need to go/call to find out information about riding their trails? I'm not that familar with the Army offices.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Outrage,

I saw a trailer in the freebie paper and it was a 2 place tilt for 600 bucks out in Eagle River, forgot to bring it home otherwise I would have the phone number for you.

Registering:
I just went over to the MP station to do it but that was almost 15 years now so I do not know what the rules are or if that is excactly what you have to do now.

I know of a member who bought a quad and it came with a single trailer, you might send him a PM to see if he still has it and if he wants to part with it. I know he has another bigger trailer so he might not need the smaller one. His name is "Snug". It is worth a shot if he will part with it and it may not be a 2 place but it will get you in business now and you can always keep looking. AlaskaBoy.