Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar

im being honest, the sp700 is a great machine at what it does best, mud, really rocky stuff, and it rides very nice. It just not as good as the vinson is in what the vinson does best and that is flat out fly down the trail. It way out handels the big heavy polaris and that is what really matters on the trail. Your suspension is set up for a different thing. The power to weight ratio is pretty close as well. At 150 yards a sp700 will take me by about 2 qaud lenghts and after the polaris tops out i can creep past it ever so slowly. so if you wana go on a fast tight trail or fire road ill get ya, if you wana go any where else ill still get ya. J/k.

Old 04-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default 500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar

oh jeez, here we go again.

Old 04-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

i;ll take that race anyday on my vinson, while the 700 is bouncing from side to side and eating my dust

Old 04-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I've had the chance to ride with a Vinson only once, and I do believe it would be an awesome quad in it's element. Unfortunately, it's element is not where we ride around here. Lots and lots of muskeg, very rough trails, rocks, logs, stumps, etc, etc. I do believe these conditions give the edge to the Sportsman or any of the fully-independent machines. We definitely sacrifice high-speed, smooth trail handling, but in extreme conditions, the Sportsmans shine.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

If your talking about a race I will win.....I raced a Vinson (with a passanger on the back with me and just a 150lb rider on the Vinson) and I still won. On the trails we would have to see, never been on any trails with one. In the mud I would win, in the rocks I would win, in a pulling contest I would win. I would do all this better, and my ride would be alot better along the way. The Vinson is a great looking ATV, that handles great, but when the going gets though, a Sportsman is just better.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: polaris5610
If your talking about a race I will win.....I raced a Vinson (with a passanger on the back with me and just a 150lb rider on the Vinson) and I still won. On the trails we would have to see, never been on any trails with one. In the mud I would win, in the rocks I would win, in a pulling contest I would win. I would do all this better, and my ride would be alot better along the way. The Vinson is a great looking ATV, that handles great, but when the going gets though, a Sportsman is just better.
you must be dreaming and do alot of pavement riding,when the going gets tough the vinson gets tough its got just as much gc as the sportsman and maybe more,irs set-up squats under a load

Old 04-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: HighVelocity
Well, I've had the chance to ride with a Vinson only once, and I do believe it would be an awesome quad in it's element. Unfortunately, it's element is not where we ride around here. Lots and lots of muskeg, very rough trails, rocks, logs, stumps, etc, etc. I do believe these conditions give the edge to the Sportsman or any of the fully-independent machines. We definitely sacrifice high-speed, smooth trail handling, but in extreme conditions, the Sportsmans shine.
think about it! not really

Old 04-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

i wish icould shed some light on this debate but i don't get to see much of the vinny or sportsman except when i am passing them by and that makes for a quick glance at best . i will stick with my outlander . when you ride the ozark mountains you have to have a quad that can do it all and thats the outi.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

hey man if your polarse beat a 650 rincon in a drag, that rincon, must of had two flat tires.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Ok why did YOU post this if you already knew the answer? Because if your not going to listen to what owners have to say then there is no reason in other people wasting there time posting. I lashed back at first because I thought someone else had said it. If I would have seen the user name I prolly would not have. Now we have Bomb owners saying they pass my 700 efi, and you saying the Vinson has more GC than my 700. Any one that has seen both in person would know. I have never raced a Outlander, but I dought highly that a 400 is going to beat me. I would bet money that it wouldn't. This post is most likely going to go on for a long time, and I wish I hadn't posted to the topic starter. Why did you post this?? I would really like to go riding with you guy's sometime, I love to show people when they are wrong. I'm not a cocky a$$ hole, I just state that facts, and most of the non-polaris owners are telling story's. I don't say that my quad will beat a Kawi 700 cause it wont. Now you all "think about it"!

Quick Reply: 500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar