Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Your Favorite Mud Tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:54 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Your Favorite Mud Tire

I am getting ready to order some more tires for stock in my store later today and I wanted some input from everyone on what they think would be a good choice on tires, It will be a larger size mud tire and the brands that i have to choose from are Maxxis, GBC, Kenda, SuperSwamper, ITP, and Mud Machine. What do you guys think?

Old 07-29-2004 | 11:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

ITP 589, GBC Gator, and ITP Mudlites are big sellers.

Old 07-29-2004 | 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I haven't owned a lot of different types of tires. I have noticed that some of these tires are very destructive to the environment. Originally, I wanted to buy some big 589's, Mudlites or whatever.
Now it is very easy to see the destruction some of these tires leave behind. The thing is that I go everywhere (in my area) those people go with my beat stock Dunlaps. The only reason they need such a large tire is to feed their ego. Mostly for looks.

Now I realize that some people "need" larger tires to get where they are going. I am speaking about things I have seen in my area. I've been riding the same trails for 30+ years. Since I was a kid. The trails have never looked worst. Tread lightly. If it's harder for people to tell that you've driven through the area. They will be less likely to try to close the area.

That all being said. The 589 seems to be a very popular tire. I don't know if the Mudrunner leaves a little less destruction. I think I'd try something like the Mudrunner.

That's got to be at least 5 cents worth.

Old 07-29-2004 | 12:47 PM
|
Pro Rider

It is very true that the larger more aggresive tires are messing up alot of what they touch. There are places that we ride that the ruts are so deep that my Big Bear gets high centered in between the ruts with my 27's on it. I dont really like the fact that the terrain is tore up so badly in that you can hardly even go anywhere out there. This is all private land and all of the damage done is on a pipeline and not in the middle of the forest or wetlands ( wildlife habitats ) so at least the damage is in a less enviromently sensitive area, I guess.

Old 07-29-2004 | 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

After the Vamps wear out, believe it or not, I'm going with Goodyear Mudrunners. That's going from very aggressive to moderate, I know, but I can't find anything bad that's been said about the Mudrunners. They suit my riding a lot better than Vamps and will probably give me a little bit of a power boost as they are lighter. Really tough tread that lasts forever and doesn't look mean enough to pull you through mud, but just.......does. I've seen it.

Old 07-29-2004 | 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

If i had to do it again, id get rid of these 27" mudlites and get me some Maxxis Bighorn's . Sure there mudlites are great in the mud, but not in the sand and hardpack.

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like my Dirt Devils. They suit me awful well, but the 589's are some nice tires also.

Old 07-31-2004 | 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lomax-I went with the Mudzillas and love them. Since i got mine 4 others in our group got them. Over on highlifter it seems that lots of people are very interested in them. They are a great pure mud tire. I would have to say that they are probably one of the top 2 pure mudders out there (Zillas and Laws). This tire is getting very popular.

Old 07-31-2004 | 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

well if you could i would get some of Highlifters Outlaws in your shop and some SuperSwamper TSL/ATV Vampires

Old 07-31-2004 | 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I really like the GBC dirt devils

Quick Reply: Your Favorite Mud Tire