Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.

I am US Army deployed in Iraq right now. I am looking to buy 2 ATVs on my return. I am looking for some good in-depth reviews on some utility ATVs, I want to purchase a 500cc or bigger 4X4 for myself and a 350cc for my wife. My wifes doesnt have to really be a Utility or even 4X4 but both must be automatic trans and Im looking of getting the same Brand so I can have them services together from the same dealer and all.
Any reveiws or pics would be great. You can email me at mdewitt71@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Old 08-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The magazines have reviews and shootouts, in every issue.

Old 08-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

kawasaki 700 prairie for you
kawasaki 360 prairie for her

Old 08-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea the Kawa's 700 and 360 are the exact two I was looking at.
How are they for power and speed versus the other Brands of the same size?

I was also looking at the foreman and the rancher from Honda.
Yea I do get the magazine every now and then but being in Iraq, its easier to read reveiws on the net than wait for the mail system.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

the kawasaki 700 is fast really fast its more like a sport quad but with the diff lock and 4x4 it takes off faster than any other one out on the market other than the brute force {kawasaki750 which has irs} i think the prairie's would be great for both of yinz

Old 08-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

The polaris sportsman 700 EFI is in my mind the best sport/utility quad out there right now. it's like buying a workhorse and a sport quad in one. yes it has racks and 4x4 but it does 70 mph and has front and rear independant suspension and awsome looks too. the 04's look great, for 05' polaris changed the plastic and did some light changes which I don't like but are still great quads. if you don't want to go as big as the 700 twin, the Polaris sportsman 500 H.O. is the overall best way to go. still has lots of power but drops down to a single cylinder, little less vibration but lose torque and speed. I hear of more people going with this quad than any other due to it's overall power, handling, easy to use, and cost, I know alot of people with the 500 H.O. and they never have problems with them. EVER...

Old 08-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

i'd highly recommend the sportsman line of atv's from polaris. they're powerful, very very comfortable, and PROVEN. kawasaki brute force would be good, it has awesome power and the great IRS. i'm guessing you want a comfortable ride in which case i wouldn't recommend prairie's. they're sportier yes, but the ride suffers because of the solid rear axle. depends what you want, an atv for riding with comfort or fast paced trail riding almost like racing and throwing the back end around. if you want that a prairie is right for you, if you want sportiness with a very comfortable ride, brute force and the sportsman lines would be better.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FormulaLT1
i'd highly recommend the sportsman line of atv's from polaris. they're powerful, very very comfortable, and PROVEN. kawasaki brute force would be good, it has awesome power and the great IRS. i'm guessing you want a comfortable ride in which case i wouldn't recommend prairie's. they're sportier yes, but the ride suffers because of the solid rear axle. depends what you want, an atv for riding with comfort or fast paced trail riding almost like racing and throwing the back end around. if you want that a prairie is right for you, if you want sportiness with a very comfortable ride, brute force and the sportsman lines would be better.
Have you ever ridden a Prairie? The ride does not "suffer" at all for any reason.

Old 08-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

Take a peek at http://www.kawiriders.com since you are interested in Kawasakis.

If you are thinking of Honda look at http://rincon.atvowners.com/

Old 08-13-2004, 02:57 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

https://atvconnection.com/Features/ATVReviews/

Quick Reply: Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.