Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

tires all around whats better?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004 | 07:31 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default tires all around whats better?

anybody own bridgestone mud hooks if so how do they handle all around.i was thinking of mudhooks ,bighorns,or mudlites.in your opinion whats the best all around.?

Old 09-15-2004 | 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

i have had the mudhooks the rancher came with dirt hooks and we talked the dealer into switching out for mud hooks this tire ran very well graged every thing we put it through but 1 time when stuck in a rut that was muddy and wet wouldnt grab but still manged to pull us out with a small shake of the quad.

i seen what big horns can do and i like them

i dont know how the mudlites preform but alot of people buy them so they must be good

my Super Swamper TSL/ATV vampires worked very well and so did the DirtDevils!

Old 09-15-2004 | 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have the 26" dirt devil XT's and I really love them. I had the 25" dirt devils before and loved them so much that I upgraded to the XT's. They have excellent handling caracteristics and corner well. I almost never put my griz into 4 wd because it isn't necessary, even in 18" mud. I don't know about the others but I am really happy with what I have.

Old 09-16-2004 | 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

now that i read his post and think more the Dirt Devils where better because when on hardpacked mud and gravel it wasnt such a ruff ride like the Vampires are but its almost impossible to get stuck with the vampires but it isint easy to get stuck with a brand new pair of dirt devil Xts either

Old 09-16-2004 | 10:31 PM
|
Pro Rider

darkman x do you have the mudhooks extremes tire?if so how heavy are they and how deep are trhe treads?

Old 09-17-2004 | 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

i dont own the tires any more they went with the rancher and they were just mudhooks and the stock size but they felt like my dirtdevils

Old 09-17-2004 | 08:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

oh ok yeah they have these tires also from bridgestone called mud hook xtreme they look alot more agressive than regular mud hooks but im not sure because i cant seem to find anybody that owns a set.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004 | 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Of all the tiers mentioned I have only tried the mudlites and dirt devils. I have the mudlites on my foreman and really like them. They were the cheapest 6ply around and the lightest as well . Not a bad combination. I have heard people say they wear out quick. Mine seem to be holding up fine after a year...but i very seldom ride on hardpack surfaces like asphalt.

I hope this helps some.

PINKMOON

Old 09-17-2004 | 10:57 PM
|
Pro Rider

my friend just put 26 in mudlites on his prairie 700. i took it for a test ride .amazing ,sick and wow!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] i will own a set very soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2004 | 09:49 AM
Range Rover

I have theDirt Devils on my P700 and at first I loved them. But after just a few (hard) miles on them they have no grip left on surfaces like grass or hardpack. I will probably be looking into the Big Horns next.

Quick Reply: tires all around whats better?