Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

D.M.V -how to never wait in line. This works !

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D.M.V -how to never wait in line. This works !

All right . If you live near a crowded Dept. of motor vehicles, and hate waiting in line, here's the fix! -O.K. go straight to the "appointments" line. Wait the two seconds in that line, and when the lady says" Next, please.", this is when you walk up and start talking right away, before she has a chance to say anything to you:

" Hi there! I'M here to re-register my vehicle, and I think Ineed the form, !. SHE then hands you the form.IF she checks to verify your appointment, and your name simply is not there, Ask the date. Isn't today the 5th? She will dismiss the whole thing and hand you the papers anyway. Since you are being promped from the APPOINTMENT LINE, you won't even have to wait. you are now next in line. This has worked for me at oakland, california DMV for my gsxr 750, my kodiak, my kx 250, my trailer and both of my trucks. NEVER FAILED ONCE. I walk out in less than 5 minutes laughing so hard, as I fight my way through herds of bored folks. Let me know if this works for you!

Old 10-05-2004, 05:20 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can make an appointment on-line in 30 seconds. So why not ACTUALLY MAKE AN APPOINTMENT??? Rarely have I ever had to even go to the DMV. Most things can be done on-line or by mail.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Exactly Recon, last time I was in DMV, I had an appt and was out in 6 mins[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Didn't even have to make anyone angry by cutting in line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Boy, am I in the dark here. I thought all you guys had to do was buy a sticker at any dealer and you were 'good to go'. I know I can buy a CA "OHV" sticker for my out-of-state machine at my local dealer. Or is it that you also have to "register" your machines like cars? If that's it, then I understand.

Out of curiosity, what does it cost to 'register' your toys?

Old 10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Red Rider

You register your machine just like a car, and you get a title (pink slip). Instead of a liscense plate you get a sticker, which is $25 for 2 years. The dealer submits the registration when you buy the machine new, so there isn't any need to go to the DMV.

Old 10-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Reconranger. Now I've got it. Is it that easy to renew too?

Old 10-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Red Rider

Renewal notice comes in the mail. You send a check, and they send you a new sticker.

Old 10-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

thats butting. thanks alot.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 450kodi750gsxr250kx
All right . If you live near a crowded Dept. of motor vehicles, and hate waiting in line, here's the fix! -O.K. go straight to the "appointments" line. Wait the two seconds in that line, and when the lady says" Next, please.", this is when you walk up and start talking right away, before she has a chance to say anything to you:

" Hi there! I'M here to re-register my vehicle, and I think Ineed the form, !. SHE then hands you the form.IF she checks to verify your appointment, and your name simply is not there, Ask the date. Isn't today the 5th? She will dismiss the whole thing and hand you the papers anyway. Since you are being promped from the APPOINTMENT LINE, you won't even have to wait. you are now next in line. This has worked for me at oakland, california DMV for my gsxr 750, my kodiak, my kx 250, my trailer and both of my trucks. NEVER FAILED ONCE. I walk out in less than 5 minutes laughing so hard, as I fight my way through herds of bored folks. Let me know if this works for you!
That just lame .... it's like the one theory that one cat gave me about getting out of speeding tickets. He said when the bail amount comes in, send an over payment of $20.00 then when the court sends you out a refund don't cash it ..... why you may ask? well according to the cat if you don't cash the refund, they can't close the case so it never gets sent to the DMV. What a bunch of crap!! I did just that, and when I went to renew my Insurance they told me there was a ticket on my record so my cost had increased by $25.00 a month, needless to say that holding the refund was BS. Just that BS! and to top it all of the court kept my over payment of $20.00!! So when I read these how I got over on the man statements I laugh, cause in my experience they are full of it! and full to thier eyeballs.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

No faith in social engineering???

Quick Reply: D.M.V -how to never wait in line. This works !