Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Need advice on Utility atv....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on Utility atv....

I will check tomorrow. BTW nice PICs of the TP. I always liked that color I wish Suzuki would carry more colors for their machines. Where's the PICs of your new Sportsman? Also, which do you like better?

Old 12-30-2004, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

Scroll down a little more the sportsman is at the bottom of my picture page. (the last two pics). For the most part I prefer the Twin Peaks, The SRA and the v-twin power are just a heck of alot of fun. I primarily bought the SP800 for our realy big rides out in colorado, where we spend 8 to 10 hours a day in the saddle. I road over 1300 miles out in the colorado mountains last summer on the twin peaks. I thought the EFI might be nice and I just usualy buy a new quad every year, so this year after carefull consideration of all the big bores I desided to give the SP800 a try. I already have 3 Prairie/Twin Peaks in the stable, I realy just wanted something different.

Old 12-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Nice...Ain't they doing away with the Praire/Twin Peaks next year? What will you do then about buying a new SRA big boar?

Old 12-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

I am not sure what Suki is doing next year, It won't surprise me if they get the BF650 in SUki colors. I have herd Kawi is planning on an even larger bore quad with possable EFI and SRA. But who knows. I am not sure if you know this or not but the BF650 is the prairie in new plastic SRA and all. I could see Kawi giving the Bf 650 to Suki as a new Twin Peaks. That way as a 650 it would fit more in line in there lineup. 500 vinny with a new lower price a new twin peaks 650 in suki colored BF650 plastic and then the KQ700. I am almost posative we will see a new larger cc SRA Brute when the prairie retires. The prairie chassis is still at the top of the heap it won't disapear for along time just getting revised and a new name.

As far as next year I am realy looking forward to seeing what Bomb is doing with the outlander and that 1000cc V twin snowmobile motor.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

I can't see Suzuki making a 650 Twin Peaks after having a 700. This just seems stupid to me. If you are going to have a SRA big boar then just keep the 700.

I was at the Suzuki/Arctic Cat dealer today and this time I had a really good look at the new AC. They are very nice looking machines. Have you seen the racks on those? They make Suzuki's look like toothpicks. IMO it looks like it is made better. Don't get me wrong I still love the Suzukis but trying to keep their machines under 600 pounds makes them skimp somewhere. Love the ground clearance on them too.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Well Suki does not make the Twin Peaks Kawi does. The only reason I say that a Twin peaks 650 might be possable is because it would not detract from Suki's Flag ship modle the way having two 700s does. Plus if you notice the Twin Peaks is priced exactly the same as the Prairie and if suki was to take and use the BF650 as a new twin peaks the price would likely drop down to where the BF650 is (6599.00). Thats about 500.00 less than it is now and only 200.00 more than the Vinny. thats why if they did that it would likey mean a price drop on the vinny to say around 5999.00 or 6099.00 which would put a more even price and performance spead between there modles. Than there is right now. The way it is now the Twin peaks is only 100.00 less than the King Quad and is actualy more powerfull than the KQ.

I never realy considered the Cats till this year and that had a lot to do with the way the look. They do look realy nice and are nice. I test road one about a month ago and spent about 30 to 40 min. with it trying to figure out rather I liked it or not. I can tell you that the have the only true IRS (no sway bar). Because there is no sway control tying the rear wheels together they use a very, very, very stiff spring rate to sableize the quad. I test road the V2 LE, which is powered by Kawi's 650 v-twin. I was real diapointed in the power the size and weight of the cats realy takes its toll on the kawi twin compared to the Prairie 650 that uses the exact same engine. I realy do like the quad, but considering it list for $8249.00 for the LE that I was looking at and 7499.00 the plain one. I just could not see the value in it. I only payed 6200.00 for my twin peaks and actualy liked Twin peaks alot better .

Old 12-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Have you considered the Honda rancher AT?

Old 01-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yamaha Griz can pull 1200 lbs and enough power to slide the rear even with IRS.

BC

Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

If you're riding a UTE and want to keep up with your buddies on sport quads and cost is a factor the choice is simple get the BF650. Dollar per horsepower It's the best buy you can make. The SRA on this will help it handle like a sport quad and it will still pull any load out of the woods you could tie behind it.

Old 02-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

idk if im the only person or what, but our group has had horrible luck with a prarie 650.

it overheats generally every ride (yes the radiator is clean), has a tendency to be the first to roll with 28in tires, extremely cold blooded (had to leave it and take a sp700 one time, -12) and generally has the most probs out of the group

Quick Reply: Need advice on Utility atv....