Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

jumping the ute

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jumping the ute

hey jimmypsp have you been in the thumb of michigan riding?

thanks

Old 05-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

Mkay,

Not in the last few weeks but i do a lot of my riding there in the thumb area. Why do you ask? Are you from the thumb?

Jim

Old 05-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

I have a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 700EFI and love to wheelie and Jump, actually when I'm out riding with my friends they all tend to stop at all the mud pits because I am always the one to dive in and do the mud bogging, and always the one to hit the jumps and do the wheelies as well. I have a good picture of myself jumping the sportsman, you can view it by clicking on the My Photos link below.

Old 05-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default jumping the ute

hey, yes i live in sanilac county in the thumb. BY Deckerville. where did you ride.i only got a 3 wheeler,im 14. im hoping to get a quad though soon. im not sure what to get: Utility or sport.

Ethyan

Old 05-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

Originally posted by: mkay
hey, yes i live in sanilac county in the thumb. BY Deckerville. where did you ride.i only got a 3 wheeler,im 14. im hoping to get a quad though soon. im not sure what to get: Utility or sport.

Ethyan
Hey Ethyan, I'm a little older than that but
I ride private property by Kingston and just outside of Brown City.

You should get a Trail blaser or a Scrambler 4x4, the best of both worlds.

Jim

Old 05-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default jumping the ute

Originally posted by: quadduck
Why not just buy some good shocks and go have fun. We will send flowers just let us know which hospital
Agreed. At least he opted for the heaviest quad in the world for his jumping pleasure.

I really dont get wanting loud pipes for it either, but whatever floats your boat.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

I liked jumping my Rincon down in the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
But that is nothing, compared to the MX track last weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
There was a table top that was about 10-12 feet tall, about 35 feet long, with a lip at the take off point [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Holy crud was I able to soar the Air Rincon over that thing, flew that 600 lb utility farther than a lot of the sporties [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
The IRS on the Rincon soaked up the landing sweet, only barely bottomed it out once......
If I could afford some good shocks, I would really scare myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I do agree that flying these things is a lot more scary than the lighter sporties, it is pretty nuts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

05 rancher utility check it out below

clicky

Old 05-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default jumping the ute

hey jimmy,how much is a little bit older. Im under a budget though so those quad might be to much$$$$$$$$$. Ya i live about an hour from where you ride.will a trail blazer jump pretty good. I was thinkin of a blaster if i decide sport,any thoughts.

ethyan

Old 05-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

Originally posted by: mkay
hey jimmy,how much is a little bit older. Im under a budget though so those quad might be to much$$$$$$$$$. Ya i live about an hour from where you ride.will a trail blazer jump pretty good. I was thinkin of a blaster if i decide sport,any thoughts.

ethyan
I'm around 40.

You can pick up a used Scrambler for anywhere from $2,000-3,500 '97-2002 model years.
I have seen a couple decent deals here in michigan in the auto -RV traders and online.

The TB can be had new fro around $3500. Used anywhere from about $1,500 up.

They will do small jumps but i would recamend a chain tensioner for anything larger.

You could pick up a used older blaster for $1,500 up if you want to shift.

Jim

Quick Reply: jumping the ute