Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

what front bumper to get for my Vinson?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what front bumber to get for my Vinson?

I have seen what the Warn front bumper looks like but have not seen the Kimpex. Anyone have a pic of the Kimpex mounted on a Vinson.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default what front bumper to get for my Vinson?

There are bunch of front bumpers you can get for ATV's. I'd do my research. I'm putting a Warn on my Vinson, because I can get a good deal on it. It'll go on this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Call me stupid but why do you need to get a bumper? I lots of extreme riding in Alaska still don't see a real need. IMO why not spend the money else where?

Old 03-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

After wrecking my front end so easilly, I felt it prudent to get some more protection up there. I figure a more stout front bumper will help to protect the quad from my bad riding decisions. Also, the Warn bumper allows you to put additional lights on for better night time riding. If you do a lot of extreme trail riding, a bumper that protects your headlights with a open square mesh might be helpful as well. This is not a concern for me. If it doesn't offer more protection at least it will look cool.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

The factory plastic bumper cover got messed up when I pushed a guy up a hill. His muffler somewhat melted it and now it looks like crap. Just wanted to eliminate it or cover it up with a bumper that will let me push someone and not mess it up. The pics of the warn looks like it goes over the existing plastic bumper cover and will hide it. That's what I'm looking for.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

stuck, I'll post next week after the Warn bumper is installed. It will be a good chance to give a review on its ease of installation, especially the trail lights. I am moderately capable at mechanical task, but certainly no whiz. My dad is an automechanic, and my brother is nigh a genius at mechanical ability. Unfortunately, on this set of skills, I got the verbal and communications skills and the mechanical ability only leaked through a little. Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I will say it was pretty easy to disassmemble the plastic body and racks from the Vinson. My biggest trouble spot was figuring out how to properly disconnect the headlights. The connectors are small and it's hard to see exact what they are doing. I'll also put in a plug for the repair manual (bought it from repairmanual.com). It gives very detailed instructions for what you need to check for maintenance items. Much more detailed than the owner's manual. It could use a bit more detail on some items that are not readilly apparent. But it's not written for the lay person anyhow.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

My bumper did not show this week (my brother blew me off), so I'll report next week after it's installed.