Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

I could'nt live with the 4wd system on the BF up here......it would be too frustrating...

Old 02-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Really? It doesnt seem to bother me at all, just plan ahead and your fine...

Old 02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

kawis 4wd system works as good as any other.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

OH yes...I like the fact that it does work well.....I just never seem to be able to "plan" on being stuck and need to switch over immediately if I do. Plus, operating a winch for a plow as well as manually holding down the locker at the same time does'nt work that well I'm sure.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

both machines are nice but have you looked into a polaris yet, I am not trying to push the brand cuz that is what I have but I just believe it's a good brand and I have been very satisfied with mine so far but between the grizzly and the King Quad I would go with the KQ due to the EFI.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

holding the locker for what? i have my hooked to my winch, just hit the button up and down the winch goes. not difficult, pretty simple i do believe.and with the brute i dont need difflock to plow snow, its got more snot that you can imagine. and i dont bury myself in a mudhole in 2wd drive then go "man now ive done it". switching to 4wd drive on any bike doesnt mean you will always get out. no matter what you ride.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, just mount a BF750 and see how it feels. Then start it up and listen to that sweet motor. . . . . . and if you're still not convinced, put it in gear, hold on TIGHT, and hit it!!!

Old 02-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: neversunk
OK I checked the cats....I don't like em. I like the polaris 4 wd system the best...Kawasaki definately not, Yami is acceptable....but the polaris seems to have the edge with the on the fly 4 wd, EFI, ground clearence and smooth ride. I'm not happy with the weight of the unit because I will be using it for ice fishing, but that was where the KQ got my additional vote over the polaris....the weight. Ritchie Powersports in Tenn is advertising a polaris sp 700 EFI for $6578 out the door and the 800 EFI for $7377 out the door. I especially like their glacier plow system. I read a few too many posts about the Griz breaking axles. Anybody know of anything bad to watch for on the Polaris? I have heard good things about their warranty coverage, and I think they have a "limited" lifetime belt warranty whatever that means.
The competetion has to be grinning all the way to the bank over the KQ issue......the pricing on all the competetions units in that catagory are pretty close so I doubt many people will avoid another brand due to price. Especially if you consider that with a KQ you might end up with a $2500 repair bill two or three years from now....

I have a 05 SP700EFI and I can tell you that you wouldn't be dissapointed at all. I have 700 miles on mine and haven't had one problem.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider

I'd consider a Polaris if it didn't have that single brake lever and if it had a normal 4x4 system with a front locker. I liked the ride and the power and I could even live with the *** ugly looks but single lever brakes, 4x4 system I just couldn't live with. I hated going down hill with the thing. It wanted to slide around and felt really squirrelly.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

I agree on the single brake lever. I'm a street biker....and it just does'nt feel right to me to have both front and rear brakes on one lever. Just personal preference I guess....although I love the idea of the vtwin except for trying to keep both carbs adjusted (or rather trying to find out which one is in need of adjustment when you have a problem)

Quick Reply: Grizzly, or King Quad or ????