Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

2005 Polaris MV7 review

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Polaris MV7 review

If I had an extra 4000 lying around, I would have gone with the MV. But I couldn't see spending that much money on a wheeler if I didn't really need it. To me, it seems like a 1-ton truck. Some people actually have the need, and they are great at what they are meant to do, but not everyone has a need for one. Actually, many people would be hindered and disappointed by a 3500 truck when they just needed a car. See what i mean?

Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

yeah, i see what you mean but it would be cool to have because then you would be the only one on the trails with a big power horse. then you could allways say "my fourwheeler is stronger" lol

Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am buying a MV7 today for $7,700.00 brand new. I have researched it to the nth degree and I don't think there is a better machine out there for the utility and price. I have owned serveral Polaris machines and ridden eveyrthing else, and again, MV7 is a awesome ATV. I see your icon says Weekend Warrior, are you in the guard???

Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

Have fun, just don't drive it in the snow -- waaaay too heavy, sinks like a stone and is very hard to pull out but still fun.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: viperdotsl
I am buying a MV7 today... I see your icon says Weekend Warrior, are you in the guard???
Congratulations!

All newbie's icons say "Weekend Warrior" (yours does, too). It changes depending on your post count -- to things like Trailblazer, Pro Rider, etc.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats VT1911, that is an awesome ride you have there. I can't believe some of the narrow minded posters on here. Don't you know that you should buy exactly what they would? I am glad that you found the ATV that fits YOUR needs. I am with you, I needed utility quads and bought utility quads. I got a bunch of the same guff. If I wanted a sport quad, I would have bought one. I am very much aware of their weight and the possible effects it has on the riding characteristics and I'm sure that you are too. Keep us up to date on how she handles the chores. I have ridden the military models grossly overloaded and they ran without a hitch. Good choice.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

here is just a point where machines get so big and heavy that they really aren't actually ATV's anymore, and all they really are is just a tractor that you ride a different way. Now it sounds like a tractor is primarily what VT needs, but I think he is going to be extremely disapointed when he takes it out on the trail!

How many "tractors" can do 70+ mph?? And if these are "tractors", what do you have, a big wheel?

Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I now have around 1200 miles on my MV7 and it's a keeper. I could go on and on about what its capable of but most folks just wouldn't get it, or more importantly don't want to get it. All I hear from people is about its too heavy for the trail, I'm sorry, but I use my ATV on the farm mostly and its perfect for that and when I need a tractor I use a tractor. I guess ATV's are only for this elusive "trail" that apparantly needs to be traveled at 50+ MPH to get the appropriate adrinaline rush. I guess that's why they hate expensive ATV's, their expensive to fix when they break them on the "trail" playing.
All kidding aside, yes it's a bit heavy and terrible for jumping but you have to seriously use it to appreciate it and all the features that it has (that's why it's heavy), but you can only do that if you own one.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Range Rover

I was just on an organized trail ride with 110 atv's with all kinds of different quads and everyone was having a blast. I saw one of those Polaris 6 wheelers with only a 400cc engine pull out a Prowler(AC) out of the mud. The side by side riders were having a ball out there. They must weigh 1200lbs. or somethin close to that so a Polaris MV7 is really not huge by any means especially with the 700 engine. I drove the Prowler with the H1 engine and it moved the Prowler around just fine. I would love to see Kawi make one and throw in the BF750 engine, or even a "new" 800cc beast.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I only have about 200 miles on my new MV7 but have immediately realized how handy they are compared to a normal atv. The MV7 offers so much more utility and uses. I live in the mountains of Montana and ride on trails all of the time (my old machine was a 03 600twin Sportsman that I rolled 2400 feet down a mountain) some very extreme trails and this MV7 crawls up anything with no problem. As for the person that said they are too heavy and get stuck in the snow to easy......well I call B.S. on that. My 330 trails boss was light and it got stuck just as easy as any heavy machine. It sure is nice to have the dual winches if need be. We pull downed trees off the trail with our machines and I can't wait to try out the MV7 on that little detail.

Quick Reply: 2005 Polaris MV7 review