Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

atv television

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv television

what channel is this show on and when is it on, i want to see it

Old 08-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default atv television

Originally posted by: weez440
if it isn't kawi or honda he doesn't like it. i don't have time for shows like that that they have the winner picked before riding them.
I totally disagree with that.... I've watched ATV TV quite a lot and in one particular episode they tested the Honda Rancher, and then the Rubicon or Forman (whatever the next model was up from the Rancher). He does try to find good in an ATV, he did find a lot that wasn't good about the HONDA Rancher. Non selectable 4wd and no LOW Range were the biggest negatives. As I recall he even found a thing or two about the other machine that was a negative, however I didn't pay much attention to it since I was actually looking into a Rancher compared to others. During the wrap up of the testing he so much as stated that there are probably some better quads in the 300-400cc class for trail use.

I think the show has good info, especially about land use/abuse. I also think he tries to be fair to each product, and I have seen him praise Yamaha's Suzuki's, Honda's, and Kawasaki's. The only brand I think they don't care for is Polaris though, and I don't blame them.

Now, I am by no means a moron and I happen to agree with the findings on a Rancher, as do many other people I've talked to, but Honda's machines look the same to me, be it a 300, Forman, Rancher, or Rubicon. I have a hard time getting it right sometimes myself, so I can see those mistakes. Just because a guy calls a 3004x4 a Rancher, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the show or respect, besides didn't the Rancher REPLACE the 300...

Anyhow, I think the show is pretty good and informative. You have a choice about it, you do have a remote in your hand.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default atv television

no, the rancher is the rancher.... 350... thats it..... yes he is a moron..
the kodiak is better handling then the kingquad... sure....

also in the mud episode he said that the artiscats all come with IRS FRONT AND BACK lol what a retard ahahahhahahahahaha how can it have indipendent rear suspention in the front and back... wouldent it be called IFS ? ahahhahah

and then babling about the clothing.....

. and then in the snow one he trys to go over a rock wow it took him 5 times to make it. cuz he dosent know what it meens to hammer it.........

or what about they way he worships radial tires, stocks are **** to him and so are agressive ones... so only radials are good.

oh and he luuuuuuuvesw the ATR's ....

i was getting pissed cuz i taped a episode were all he did was explain about negitive and positive camber and why he hates IRS and how the radial tires make IRS quad handle more like a SRA ....

he is A BIG MORON! 450 you are totaly right about him!

YES that felt good oh its on the out door living network and it is on at 4pm easter time on mondays.

but i like watching the quads anyway.... but if i was runing there would not be a song playing over the noise of the quad i like hearing the quads and he plays the same song over and over and over and over never a difrent song.... i think he has mental ishues....

FRED: Hated by almost all forum members...

Old 08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Range Rover
Default atv television

Originally posted by: Grizzman42
And on top of THAT he wears womens panties, haha jp.
Try it, you might be surprised. Nothing like the feeling of a silk thong up your rear. Hard to fart though, it's like whistling with a finger over your mouth.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv television

yeah i saw that moron trying to go over that rock with like 1/4 throttle. so in conclusion, he cant speak very well, cant ride very well, dosent know quads very well, and makes an *** out of himself VERY well. total the score and u get an A class fool

Old 08-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv television

hey 4wheelerfred he actually was correct on his interpretation of the arctic cat having independent rear suspension cause they are the only ones with TRUE independent rear suspension all the other brands have sway bars which doesn't give them the articulation in alot of deep holes. it actually does make a difference i rode with alot of polarises through an area that there was alot of really deep holes and mine went through and the handlebars stayed flat the whole way through where the polarises wanted to tip to the side cause they can't articulate with that sway bar as well.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default atv television

yes i understand the IRS thing but he said it has IRS on the front of the quad to... how can you have rear suspention on the front of anythign... lol

he is retarded anyway...

Old 08-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv television

Folks, you need to stop complaining about the show. Like CaptainQuint said, if you can do better, get your camera out and do it. It's exposure for our sport/hobby, and it's possibly educating some of the treehugging idiots out there that all ATVs are not bad. The more interest that is generated, the more our sport/hobby will grow. That will lead to more riding areas, and possibly less restrictions. If you have some constructive criticism, go to the ATV TV website and offer it. If you write in with a bunch of insults and putdowns, they'll likely take the show off the air, and we'll be back to having nothing again. If you don't like the way it is or the way it is presented, offer some ideas on how to make it better. Just my .02.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default atv television

all i was sauying is he blabers like he has a mouth full of gummie bears...... lol

anyway irs in the front still cracks me up!

Old 08-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default atv television

I work on several different TV series and can definately tell you that very little of what you see on a TV show is "real".

TV show hosts are chosen for their acting ability first and their actual knowledge of the show's subject second. An ATV expert who cannot act in front of a camera would make a poor TV show host. An actor who has a little ATV knowledge or who will listen to a behind the scenes ATV expert would be a better choice - more important, that's the way it's done.

Scripts are written by writers or producers who are experts at presenting a story but have little first-hand knowledge of subject matter like ATVing. They do research and consult experts, but things often get lost in translation. The host (actor) takes this script and tries to present it as his words. For most viewers this works fine but if any of us are well versed in ATVing, we'll pick up mistakes here and there. Unless there is an expert on site 100% of the time tecking as the show is shot, and unless the expert is available throughout the editing process, mistakes like misnaming a quad are going to happen. Hopefully, the mistakes are small in relation to the good information that they do get right.

Jaybee