Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

bf750 or KQ700

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005 | 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Ah here we go again. I love this banter it keeps things lively and its why we have so many excellent quads in the market place right now. I grew up on 3-wheelers before quads and let's look at something. My first ATC was the biggest and baddest at the time, an impressive 110cc. No suspension and bend-o-matic front forks. Now we are arguing over the finer points of 50+Ponies, disc brakes, EFI, IRS, Locking diffs, etc...
Find a quad that fits you and ride the tires of it. I have a Grizz and a BF750 for big bores right now. They fit my riding and lifestyle well. In a year or two I'll look at everything and see what else is out there, but right now these are the best quads FOR ME!

Old 09-12-2005 | 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

I'm done arguing, but on a totally different note I beg to differ that EVERY manufacturer makes a quality product. Won't point any fingers though.

Old 09-12-2005 | 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Find a quad that fits you and ride the tires of it. I have a Grizz and a BF750 for big bores right now. They fit my riding and lifestyle well. In a year or two I'll look at everything and see what else is out there, but right now these are the best quads FOR ME!
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>

YUP, pretty much sums it up. I've been through 5 quads in less then a year in a half trying to find that one that fits me. Even after five I can still find something in each one I wish were different/better/faster.

Old 09-16-2005 | 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

KQ is more practicle right now with the gas price around $3.00, and it isn't THAT much less powerful than a BF 750, I've heard KQ's being dead even with BF 750's in drags so the power difference isn't much in reality. What really matters to me is the overall package you get, a balance of great power, handling, EFI, and a 4x4 actuator that actually works instantly with the KQ.

Old 09-17-2005 | 10:18 AM
Range Rover
Default bf750 or KQ700

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
It seems that clubsters only way or rationing if an atv is any good is if he can beat his
neighbors atv in a short distance. This is a short coming on his part. It takes alot to
make an atv great, and what is considered great now, will be mediocre in a few years.
I have been searching out atvs to buy, and upgrade from and old trx300fw, that I
bought 12 years ago. Back then all there was for power was the 300's and 350's. I
was really impressed when they came out with the 400's. Well it seems now with
atv's being around the 700's anyone with a little higher cc automatically drops every
one else to a lower status. Phooey. Not everyone is into racing, and thank goodness
and the public at large would have really been down on the sport worse than it
is now. Youngsters seem to be enthralled with speed, and power, and tend to be
the most of our casualties, that make all atv look like death machines to those that
oppose them.

Now I want a new machine around 700's for riding trails. No, I don't need an big
bore for speed, but for the capability of having enough power to climb a steep
grade without losing the horses halfway up. I want to add larger tires for gc
and the capability to get through a questionable area without hanging up on
my undercarriage.

To all of this I see only a few machines that I like. Grizz, KQ, and Rubi. I like
the efi on the King, but am impressed at the style and capabilities of the Griz.
The Rube being less power, isn't a hinderence but riding on 3 wheels is,
however the tranny does make up for some of the other set backs. Well that is
how I see things.

Old 09-17-2005 | 04:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
I'm done arguing, but on a totally different note I beg to differ that EVERY manufacturer makes a quality product. Won't point any fingers though.

yep, those tiwanese companys sure do put out unrelliable quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2005 | 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Originally posted by: Clubster
Originally posted by: RedGoblin
BF 750 = excellent machine with engine upgrades already out. VERY FAST!!
KQ 700 = no engine upgrades and less powerfull.
Oh, but the KingQuad is not an excellent machine? You failed to mention anything about the handling traits of your Brute Force compared to say a KingQuad? Yes, the Suzuki has power modifications available.
Are you worked up because I didnt state the KQ is an "excellent machine"? Well "Grow up"!! As for more on the KQ it is a great machine but I feel the Brute is better in my opinion! Evidently you can boost the power on the KQ and evidently you can get better shocks to fix the BF's handling but that leads me to the same conclusion...the BF is still quicker! Handling is easy to fix but you still only have 700cc's on the KQ at the end of the day!
if u want a fast quad get a sport. utes arent for racing buddy.

Old 09-17-2005 | 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

if u want a fast quad get a sport. utes arent for racing buddy.

That's the way it should be but it's not anymore. With the size of engines manufacturers are putting in the Big bores it's starting to make people think they are buying a race quad, and with all that power it's fun to race other big bore quads to see how much more power they've got. I would've loved to get a sport quad because I love flat out speed and jumping, but I couldn't because I needed a quad for a combination of work and play, and I needed 4wd. But I think it's awesome now that I can get great speed from my work quad/mudding quad, and have fun racing it, these things are getting very fast...like the Outlander 800, 0-75mph in 10sec with 62hp [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] why wouldn't someone want to race it!

Old 09-17-2005 | 10:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default bf750 or KQ700

Quite frankly when I state "I am going to beat my neighbors KQ again" it's in relation to quickness as opposed to top end. I agree 100% taking these big utilities and running them at high speeds is idiotic wheather it's a "utility" or "sport" atv. All I know is at the end of the day riding, I plan on comming home to my family with no broken bones or even worse. My question is, why do any of us buy new atv's unless you don't have one in the first place or yours is broke? It's because we are all obsesed with having the latest and greatest "the American way". If its a 400,500,600,660,700,750, or even 800 I guarantee they will work fine for the recreational rider, which is most of us weather you think so or not. For me the BF was the one for me and I have the money to fix any of its short commings "which I am doing now" but for some people it may be a different. That person will then need to choose which characteristics he/she is in need of more. No single ATV will give you it all. Right now the BF is the one for me but perhaps later this year or next I will purchase something else. Who knows! You guys need to lighten up and enjoy the sport with whatever you chose to ride and focus your anger on something more productive.

Old 09-18-2005 | 01:13 AM
Range Rover
Default bf750 or KQ700

Quite frankly when I state "I am going to beat my neighbors KQ again" it's in relation to quickness as opposed to top end. I agree 100% taking these big utilities and running them at high speeds is idiotic wheather it's a "utility" or "sport" atv. All I know is at the end of the day riding, I plan on comming home to my family with no broken bones or even worse. My question is, why do any of us buy new atv's unless you don't have one in the first place or yours is broke? It's because we are all obsesed with having the latest and greatest "the American way". If its a 400,500,600,660,700,750, or even 800 I guarantee they will work fine for the recreational rider, which is most of us weather you think so or not. For me the BF was the one for me and I have the money to fix any of its short commings "which I am doing now" but for some people it may be a different. That person will then need to choose which characteristics he/she is in need of more. No single ATV will give you it all. Right now the BF is the one for me but perhaps later this year or next I will purchase something else. Who knows! You guys need to lighten up and enjoy the sport with whatever you chose to ride and focus your anger on something more productive.

You pretty much just summed up why Honda is #1 in sales. The average Joe doesn't care if his quad will beat another, he cares if his quad is going to get that trialer of hay into the barn before those dark black clouds open up on him.

People need to realise that this board is full of ATV enthusiasts. This board does not represent the average ATV buyer. People buy ATVs for different reasons.

Buy what you need, not what other people tell you that you need.

Quick Reply: bf750 or KQ700