Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

bf750 or KQ700

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005 | 08:07 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default bf750 or KQ750

This isn't meant to start arguments like most threads. Simply put, place your reasons after both ATV's and what each is oriented towards. People who own the quad, please state your use for each machine.Take the arguments over the PM system. This is a good, clean, thread.

Knock yo'selves out.

Old 08-28-2005 | 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

KQ-for riding
BF-for riding faster

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 09-10-2005 | 06:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default bf750 or KQ700

BF 750 = excellent machine with engine upgrades already out. VERY FAST!!
KQ 700 = no engine upgrades and less powerfull.

Old 09-11-2005 | 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

I've had some seat time on both and they both have their flaws.

BF: The Brute Force has mad power. Simply mad power. I like the 4x4 system very much. Good brakes, good build quality from what I observed recent recalls notwithstanding. The biggest disappointment for me was the handling. The one I rode had C series wheels and radials but it still handled like a pig. There was no way I could have lived with the handling. I don't understand why Kawasaki let the thing out of the factory handling like that. Some suspension tweaking and EFI would make the BF a real monster.

KQ: The KQ doesn't have the power but it handled much better. Worlds better in my opinion. Not as much power but much better mileage form all accounts and it has it's little annoyances too. I think that the handling more than makes up for the lack of power. The power thing can be corrected with an after market ECM which I'm sure someone has in the works. That said I'm told the BF's suspension related shortcomings can be corrected, albeit expensively, with aftermarket shocks and suspension parts.

Personally I'm not buying a new big bore ATV until I can get some seat time on a Bomber 800. If I had to choose right now it would probably be a KQ.

Old 09-11-2005 | 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Originally posted by: Clubster
Oh, but the KingQuad is not an excellent machine? You failed to mention anything about the handling traits of your Brute Force compared to say a KingQuad? Yes, the Suzuki has power modifications available.

Old 09-12-2005 | 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

I just bought my first new ATV in 10 years and I tell you I researched the choice to DEATH! I took about three months at it and after narrowing it down, chose the King Quad, post bearing upgrade. I'd get sore fingers if I listed all the things I considered and compared, but must haves were: Good handling, good ground clearance, good hold-back on downhills, locking front diff, low c/g, plenty of power, comfort for long rides, and a stump-pulling low range.
The Honda Rubicon was a strong contender with it's awsome unbeatable tranny, but the 7.2 inch g/c rear axle and no front locker killed it off. The King Quad won the competition hands down. The fact it also has fuel injection, removing jetting concerns or cold start issues, and came with a free installed 2500 lb. Warn winch was icing on the cake!

The Brute Force didn't get out of the gate. The Brute Force has more power than the King Quad, that's right, but at such a sacrifice of other refinements it was almost immediately crossed off my list of contenders. I won't list shortcomings because that only stirs up resentment in BF owners and makes for needless argument, but suffice to say that I just read in another thread in the Suzuki forum that the writer's buddy has just traded in his '05 BF and got himself an '05 King Quad. A guy doesn't do that without a sound reason.

Young riders tend to be hypnotized by power, power is everything, power, power.
If a guy did nothing but burn around in a sand pit then perhaps a Brute Force would be a good choice, but then why would one buy a Utility quad for that? Get a Banshee or something and save all the extra money.

I am happy to say that I am perfectly satisfied with my KQ, and if some guy passes me on a B.F. then I will still be just as happy with my ATV.

Old 09-12-2005 | 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default bf750 or KQ700

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Oh, but the KingQuad is not an excellent machine? You failed to mention anything about the handling traits of your Brute Force compared to say a KingQuad? Yes, the Suzuki has power modifications available.
Are you worked up because I didnt state the KQ is an "excellent machine"? Well "Grow up"!! As for more on the KQ it is a great machine but I feel the Brute is better in my opinion! Evidently you can boost the power on the KQ and evidently you can get better shocks to fix the BF's handling but that leads me to the same conclusion...the BF is still quicker! Handling is easy to fix but you still only have 700cc's on the KQ at the end of the day!

Old 09-12-2005 | 09:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Here we go again. Somebody got their feel bads hurt.

Old 09-12-2005 | 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default bf750 or KQ700

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Are you worked up because I didnt state the KQ is an "excellent machine"? Well "Grow up"!! As for more on the KQ it is a great machine but I feel the Brute is better in my opinion! Evidently you can boost the power on the KQ and evidently you can get better shocks to fix the BF's handling but that leads me to the same conclusion...the BF is still quicker! Handling is easy to fix but you still only have 700cc's on the KQ at the end of the day!
No, my friend, the handling on the Brute is not by any means easy to fix. I'm not hurt at all that you didn't call the King excellent, just confused because by calling only the Brute excellent, you are insinuating that the Suzuki is of poorer quality which is not true.

Old 09-12-2005 | 07:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default bf750 or KQ700

You can expect and get excellent quality from any of the ATV manufacturers today U.S., Canadian, or Japanese. I don't think quality is an issue with the KQ just less power for me. As far as suspension again, put different shocks on and you are good to go with the BF and still have more power than the KQ with most of todays mods. Quite frankly I am tired of debating an have better things to do like beat my neighbors KQ again. Take care!!

Quick Reply: bf750 or KQ700