Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

a person would think that stock tires would actually be better for if you have a lil more aggressive tires like the mud lites they will spin down faster but one tire i seen that spins down and just keeps pulling forward is the mudzilla's but my 589's which are comparable to the mud lites with the 6 ply and stuff in mild terrain i notice they spin down very quickly. and i am sure weight is a big factor to you will get better traction.

Old 09-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Well found the new BOMB video and all I can say is it has to be fixed, the pulling part anyway, drag racing yes ofcourse the Bomb will be faster, its lighter and has the biggest VTwin with dual fueal injectors, but the PULLING is BS, if you read my first post, I filmed it formyself, sure it could of been driver error on the BOMB but not being beat that bad. I cannot pull what the Polaris can pull, and the polaris did it over again just to rub it in the Bomb's face.

Here is the video from the BOMB website.

http://www.bombardier-atv.com/en-US/Technology.htm

02 bombardier Traxter XT
4300 hard miles

Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

From what I have seen of the bomb it dont appear to be built strong enough to be a puller. My trailer will not even fit on the lil hitch. My GF has a 400 which is about the same (physicaly) Is fun to ride but don't pull logs well or mud as well.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:27 AM
Range Rover

The pulls in New Hampshire a few weeks ago were won repeatedly by a Bomb 800 and the Polaris got second. At the Niagra Expo pulls the 800 Outlander was the easy winner against all the machines it was pulling large rubber mats with 1500 pounds on top. Looks like under certain conditions the Bomb or Polaris can win just depends on rider and type of track!

Old 09-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

Mdog,

Interesting post, one thing that can be eliminated at my pull was they both had the same tires, the aggressive carlisle tires that come stock on the XT and Stock on all Polaris's.
I do agree, looks wise the Polaris looks like its built with heavy duty parts and plastic, where the Bomb looks cheap in comparisent. I own a Bomb and it is built way more heavy duty then the Outlanders, just look at the traxter's.
Time will tell though, but the pull with the mat, is about speed right, where the pull we have is on a sled with a moving weight that will stop the bike evntually, so its about power to the ground and the Bomb just did not have it, as did any of the other ones.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

I know it's Bombs test but the vid that they put out on the web clearly shows the Bomb beating the Polaris and the Brute by a good margine. The test was done be the same professional driver pulling the weighted sled. I have driven both actually today up Mt. Washington and thought the Bomb was way faster and had more pulling power.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mdog
I know it's Bombs test but the vid that they put out on the web clearly shows the Bomb beating the Polaris and the Brute by a good margine. The test was done be the same professional driver pulling the weighted sled. I have driven both actually today up Mt. Washington and thought the Bomb was way faster and had more pulling power.
I'm sure the bomb is faster than the sportsman in a drag. What kinda test did you do that made you think the bomb had more pulling power?

Old 09-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure the bomb is faster than the sportsman in a drag. What kinda test did you do that made you think the bomb had more pulling power? >>>>>>>>>

I have a question. Does it REALLY matter? How many of us are gonna go pulling around a two ton sled anyway?

Old 09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaRider67
I'm sure the bomb is faster than the sportsman in a drag. What kinda test did you do that made you think the bomb had more pulling power? >>>>>>>>>

I have a question. Does it REALLY matter? How many of us are gonna go pulling around a two ton sled anyway?
Yea it matters to me.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yea it matters to me.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Why??

Quick Reply: BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS