Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

First I want to start off and state that I am not brand loyal. I filmed it also but I only have dial up so it would take too long to download, but I can tell everyone what the outcome was. It was awesome as I've never seen a Pull where every Big Bore was there.
Polaris 800
Bombardier 800
Kawi Brute Force 750
Kawi Prairie 700
Suzuki King Quad 700
2 Polaris 700's
Yamaha Grizzly 660
AC 650
Kawi Brut Force 650

Okay, first off, everyone thought the new BOMB would rock, well it was a JOKE along with the rest of them except 1. All the machines were pulling
4450.00 LBS on the SLED, I was amazed they would pull that weight alone. Instead of posting the exact distance I'll give the average as I'd have to go and watch the video again to see exact pulls. But they were all withing 2 feet of each other except the WINNER.
Yam
Kawi
Cat
Bomb
ALL PULLED 75-80 FEET MAX
King Quad pulled 70 FEET MAX, NO Bottom end power, lags for some reason. So bad that guys girlfriend was yelling at him to make sure it was in LOW on second PULL, he was pissed as it was. Even the 660 grizzly did better.

The CLEAR winner was the Polaris SPortsman 800 EFI, Full Pull 125 FEET

Now the Polaris did go first, so people started commenting, so I went over to the lad as I knew him and told him, no problem he had to run it again as his dad had ran it the first time and it was his turn. He also did a FULL PULL 125 feet.
Now there was a tie between Father and Son, so they had to go head to head to see who would win. They added weight on the foot of the sled the part that has the skid on it.
Father goes first and gets a FULL PUll again, but this time barley.
Son goes and hesitated off the line for a split second and LOST, got only 123 Feet. BTW it was the same bike they were using, just different drivers. Father won the first prize.

I couldn't believe the 800 Polaris was pulling an average of 50 FEET more then eveyone else, and its on film. And for those who will say the Polaris is much heavier, all the machines had equal weight as they had sand bags on them to make sure.
I tell ya one thing, you can see the POWER on the bottom end, when he'd take off the sled would be dragging quick.

I thought the BOMB would of done better as it had the same STOCK tires as the Polaris, and the KAWI had big horns on it, which should of helped it pull as there a good tire for that kind of thing but it did nothing.

Congrats Polaris, you sold a few machines that night.

02 Traxter XT
4200 hard miles.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nice, i would have thought the Brute Force would have done better

Old 09-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Were any of the machines modded? WHat tires seemed to work the best? There is a memeber here SHOTGUN who does a lot of pulls, that stuff is really interesting.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Great info. Thanks for posting it.

A couple of things that maybe you can clarify for me.

Weight. Were the ATVs all weighted to weigh the same or were they weighted to compensate for rider weight differences? (to make all rider weights equal)

This was a competition wasn't it? I would love to see something like this done under more controlled and even conditions.

Tires. It would optimal if all of the machines had stock sized tires of the same tread pattern and new so they have the same tread depth.

Riders. I would like to see this done with the same rider(s) attempting a pull on every machine. It seems this would be best to rule out any differences in rider technique. Speaking of technique it would be nice to have a standard for the pull attempt. An attempt of just mash the throttle and go and another of "finesse".

Too bad some magazine won't try this.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Range Rover

How did the 700 efi do in the pull?

Old 09-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

Captian Quint,

All machines were of equal weight, and The Cat, Grizzly, Prairie, had ITP Mudlights, the 2 I thought would of done well was the BOMB as it had same tires as Poarlis the stock ones, and the Brute Force 750 had Big Horns on it, which should of helped I think.
NO 700 EFI Polaris, just 2 carbed ones. If I'm not mistaken they hit about 95 feet.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

So the 700 sportsman had best pull next to the 800 sportsman?

Old 09-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Range Rover

Ya the 700's did better then the rest too. NO EFI 700 though. I was wondering where HONDA was, not one there I wonder why? : ) NO POWER that's why. Has anyone ever seen a HONDA at a BIG BORE PULL.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Honda does not have a big bore utility.

As these machines have belt drives, I am speculating that the Polaris not only has sufficient power, but they had the clutches dialed in and were laughing at everyone else scratching their heads.

I would bet the Bombardier (and the rest) would benefit from clutching changes.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I am assuming the AC 650 was the V2, and they didn't have an H1 there. Correct???

Is there a website on this kind of stuff? I tried a google search but didn't come up with anything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS