Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad

Hello:

I would like have anybody give me any reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad, please be specific and tell me why not to buy and don’t be shy. I have pretty much set to buy a King Quad, I am just hoping that I not over looked anything in my decision process since I can not find anybody in my area to test ride before I buy I need all to input I can get. I do a lot of technical riding down and up steep hills and forest trails. I live in southern California where we don’t have too much water and mud, but I do cross streams from time to time. Any reply would be greatly helpful. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Trail riding of any kind at any speed will be the King's cup of tea. I must respond again even though I already have in the Suzuki side of things. No reason to not buy unless you need the absolute cutting-edge of power, then the King is not for you. It does have awesome power, fully capable of 70+mph, but not #1 in the pony department. It's more about the overall package and doing everything great instead of one or two things awesomely.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Nice bike, some say its tippy in some circumstances, so if your into rock crawling or sidehilling you really need to get a feel for the bike and maybe offset rims.

Other then that its a good over all machine, just not my cup-o-tea. Too many gizmos.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thawk, great ? you posted, I am in the SAME boat. I guess if I could magically have it all I wouldn't want a belt but that is very hard to get away from since almost everyone has one. The racks seem to be less than favorable. For me it will not matter but I know some don't like the single cylinder on a 700. I would like some die hard KQ owners that have ridden at least semi hard to say don't worry about the belt at all and that it lasts a lot longer than I guess I am expecting! (also that in fairly shallow water....say 18" or less, that it really isn't a problem) Those are just a few of my last minute concerns...

Old 09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I think that the KQ is the BEST all around ATV out there. More then enough power, good features, and a great price.
I would have taken a better look at them if the racks were bigger, and the ground clearance was higher. But the KQ is hard to beat in an overall package.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

no reason not to get one, just get an 06 as there are a few 05's out that have some tranny issues i belive. other then that, like said above, unless your looking for the latest and the greatest, this is for you.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stocks
Thawk, great ? you posted, I am in the SAME boat. I guess if I could magically have it all I wouldn't want a belt but that is very hard to get away from since almost everyone has one. The racks seem to be less than favorable. For me it will not matter but I know some don't like the single cylinder on a 700. I would like some die hard KQ owners that have ridden at least semi hard to say don't worry about the belt at all and that it lasts a lot longer than I guess I am expecting! (also that in fairly shallow water....say 18" or less, that it really isn't a problem) Those are just a few of my last minute concerns...
Treat the belt properly by using low range when appropriate and not trying to ride on a wet belt after water riding and it will last you a long time.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

RedGoblin, You have got to be getting excited...last regular season game at Busch tomorrow and then the playoffs!!!

Where did you buy your KQ? I know everyone is talking about ProCycle and even if they tack on fees I can't see giving them a shot as long as the bottom line still beats the competition. Like dshoe says in another post on the suzuki side, they are advertising '06 KQ's for $5,999. If if they add on fees and it comes in a little higher it is still better than what I have heard. Most people around here that seems like to me did a pretty good job, purchased theirs this year for the low to mid 6's.

Just wondering where you got yours since you are very close to St.Louis.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

We WOULD have bought from ProCycle, but they sold the red one we initially wanted the morning before we intended to make the purchase. We put a yellow on hold then. When we told them we were going to get it the next afternoon, they told us it had some parts "damaged in shipping" and needed replacement before they could sell it. Basically, and we even asked, they were taking parts off of this one and transferring them to others. So we shopped around some more and found one even closer to home at Victory Lane Powersports in Swansea, IL for slightly more. Even more importantly though, a red one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hope it is "Cardinal Red"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Went to the game last night. Hopefully not my last at the old Busch.

Quick Reply: Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad