Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad

Thawk, Congrats! what did that bad boy set you back otd? Also, wondering if they gave you the Suzuki promo on a $69 winch? You said that when you got home you rode it and it seems to have a nice feel to it....did you take a short test ride at the dealer as well?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well OTD including a 48 month Suzuki extended warranty that I opted to buy was $7100.00. Without the warranty it was $6500.00. They said that they could not include the promo winch for $69.00 if I did not pay retail price. No not able to ride it at the dealers because dealers in my area (I live southern California) have their fears of being sued. I called dealers from Nevada, Arizona and here in So Cal, I could not find a dealer that would allow me a test ride. Even if they did I guest I would not have got my biggest concern answered, “How well does the engine hold back / engine braking work on down hills”? That is what makes it so tough to find a Quad that you like, no being able to test ride it. I even tried to rent one could not find a King Quad to rent. I made a bad decision on my last quad which was a Honda Rincon I hope I have not made two bad decisions in a row. It is not that I did not research before I buy both times, but it is hard to base a decision on some thing that can't try before you buy. I rode it in a flat field we have behind our house like I had said it feels really good but the real test will come when I can get on some down hills. I sure hope I made the right decision. Thanks for everyone input.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

$7100 including the another 3 1/2 years of warrenty isn't bad! I guess my concern is whether or not Suzuki will fix stuff under warrenty or push it off as abuse or something of that nature. I only say that because I have never owned an atv and my waverunner never had a problem.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

I'm starting to wish that i hadn't bought the kq. I happy with the bike, and think it'a a great ride. The only thing is, it seem's every few months there's something else going wrong with them. The latest is guys losing engines because of the air filters. Now i hear there's a recall on the tie rods. I think through good luck and maintenance my kq will survive. The lucky part being we had a wet year, so the dust wasn't bad till way later than usual. I've installed the uni, and will really keep my eye on it..........

Old 10-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, some of the recent problems I've been hearing about have made me nervous..but I haven't experienced any of them and I hope it stays that way. But like all first year machines there'll be problems, I still don't regret getting the KQ though, nothing else appealed to me at the time of my purchase.