Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Can someone shed some light on this Eagle plow mount?....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone shed some light on this Eagle plow mount?....

I copied this from Onlyatv.com site

"To mount the plow you simply roll the ATV into the raised plow frame, and secure it with the Quick Latch. The Quick Latch bracket system features spring loaded swing latches which allows the operator to quickly attach the plow frame to the ATV mount without tools or having to line up the mounting holes. * Mounting Plates and Quick Mount do not use U-bolts. No loss of ground clearance from protruding bolts when plow is removed * Quick Mount - No pins to lose or holes to line up. * 5/8" Mounting Points American Manufacturing's ATV Plow Attaching System is the first and only ATV plow that uses a Patent Pending two part mount. This two part system consists of a Mounting Plate (sold seperately) and the Universal Tube Frame Mount(sold seperately). Once the Mounting Plate is attached to the ATV you can simply slide on the Universal Tube Frame Mount and tighten four bolts. Before trail riding you simply loosen the same four bolts and slide the Universal Tube Frame Mount off. This system has the benefit of no loss of ground clearance, or any hanging parts to catch or bend. As an added bonus the Mounting Plate also doubles as a heavy-duty skid plate."

This sounds like a good system, as you don't have anything protruding from the bottom of your machine when not in use. Sounds like you can leave this plate on all year without hassle.

My questions: Do you mount a bracket onto the plate with the 4 bolts they mention? Then slide push tubes into that mount? Sounds like you remove the 4 bolts from the bottom plate mount when season is over & leave plate on machine. I'm confused exactly how this works.

Can anybody shed some light on how this system works & the quality of the plow itself? I would have to order sight unseen, as no dealer carries this brand near me.

I can take the truth, if you think this plow stinks, then please let me know.

Thanks,
HS

Old 10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Hogsniper
I copied this from Onlyatv.com site

This sounds like a good system, as you don't have anything protruding from the bottom of your machine when not in use. Sounds like you can leave this plate on all year without hassle.

My questions: Do you mount a bracket onto the plate with the 4 bolts they mention? Then slide push tubes into that mount? Sounds like you remove the 4 bolts from the bottom plate mount when season is over & leave plate on machine. I'm confused exactly how this works.

Yes, you have to mount a separate bracket to the plate. It only takes about 30 seconds to take your plow on or off. If you want to do some serious riding in mud or over logs then you will have to take of the mounting bracket. I like mine, it is very durable, I have pushed brush, rocks, mud, snow and have yet to bend anything with my 700 so it must be stout. BTW I have hit things that wanted to throw the wheeler around and the only damage to the plow is the paint worn off the blade.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for feedback, I think I will give one a try. I like the idea of leaving the plate in place on machine. Seems most have u-bolts that hang down & must be removed or risk beating them up bad during off season. I have an Eiger 400cc machine with winch, & figure the 50" blade would do fine for my needs.

After doing some research, RockyMountainATV sells whats looks to be the exact same system labeled under the name "City Slicker" for $320 total. They have free shipping also! They are currently out of stock though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Only comes in black, but for $60 difference I can live with the black.

If you use your winch to lift your plow, how high does it raise in the up position?

Thanks,
HS