Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Help installing Warn Winch!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing Warn Winch!

I have 2005 Sportsman 700 and bought the Polaris, Warn winch kit for it. It is supposed to be a simple install according to their website (30 minutes). I worked on it today for a couple hours and it looks like I need to buy battery cables to run to the solonoid box from the battery. I thought this was supposed to be all plug and play. And they say to mount the box as close to the battery as possible, but with the wires that come with the kit I would have to mount the solonoid box in the front under the headlight nowhere near the battery. Does anyone know if the Sportsman is pre wired to acccept this winch with just plug and go connections? Has anyone installed this winch on their Sportsman?
Thanks for any help you can offer,
Dave.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

ask about this on the polaris part i have put them on the arctic cat's by myself and don't need the owners manual anymore and it takes me about 45 minutes but i have heard horror stories of the polaris for i know they are harder to work on then alot of other machines but if you ask the polaris people they will be able to help you out.

Old 11-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Installed a Warn winch on one of my 05 SP 500's..It had (as does the other one) leads running from the battery to the solonoid up front..Not really a "plug and pull" thing as you have to bolt the leads to the solonoid and wire in the control switch..The battery leads and the solonoid box came installed from the factory on both of mine..