Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Sport-Utility?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport-Utility?

Who rides a stock 450r for long anyways?

Old 02-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sport-Utility?

I am a yamaha man and I would sugest a kodiak 450, but really the grizz is more in line with all you said with pullin the front wheels up over logs.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sport-Utility?

Originally posted by: Kodiak660
Well I base this on one of the riders in my group.
He use to fly on a big ole 700 Polaris......the guy was nuts on it.
Now he has a brute and the thing doesnt handle very well for him at all.
He has over 1,500 miles on the brute now and he still cant keep up in the nasty stuff like he use to.
I dont get the mags......dont buy them.......dont read them.
I go buy what I see and hear from riders on the trail.
Did the king quad owners tell you that they are jumping ship the other way due to the low end de-tune as well kodiak?

The brute is a whole nother animal compared to the polaris 700... I've put quite a bit of time on the polaris 700 and if he can't keep up with it on his brute then he really can't drive. You feel that weight in every corner and it squats on every hard acceleration.

My brute was definatly on the tippy side with the stock dunlops that roll in every corner and the high ground clearance but now that i've added tires and wheels to my brute i'm more than happy and i've driven the king quad... the power doesn't compare.

As far as what the original poster wanted the brute force 650i might be what hes looking for... lower ride height re-worked front suspension with a little less ground clearance as well as some motor upgrades compared to the 650SRA.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sport-Utility?

Kawasaki Brute Force 650i

It will do all the wheelies you want, good for mud, handles good on trails, and has lots of power.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sport-Utility?

Originally posted by: xGoatMan
Originally posted by: Kodiak660
Well I base this on one of the riders in my group.
He use to fly on a big ole 700 Polaris......the guy was nuts on it.
Now he has a brute and the thing doesnt handle very well for him at all.
He has over 1,500 miles on the brute now and he still cant keep up in the nasty stuff like he use to.
I dont get the mags......dont buy them.......dont read them.
I go buy what I see and hear from riders on the trail.
Did the king quad owners tell you that they are jumping ship the other way due to the low end de-tune as well kodiak?

The brute is a whole nother animal compared to the polaris 700... I've put quite a bit of time on the polaris 700 and if he can't keep up with it on his brute then he really can't drive. You feel that weight in every corner and it squats on every hard acceleration.

My brute was definatly on the tippy side with the stock dunlops that roll in every corner and the high ground clearance but now that i've added tires and wheels to my brute i'm more than happy and i've driven the king quad... the power doesn't compare.

As far as what the original poster wanted the brute force 650i might be what hes looking for... lower ride height re-worked front suspension with a little less ground clearance as well as some motor upgrades compared to the 650SRA.
No the king riders in our group are very happy with the handling of the 700.
Being able to keep up in off cambers and tight tricky spots where a tippy quad can frazzle your nerves.
Power isnt everything.
I dont ride quads to drag race all day.....we ride our quads on trials out here.....not drag race down dirt roads or wide open flat areas.
I agree...he needs some wider offset wheels and good shoes on his brute to bring back his will to follow in the nasty (offcamber) sections we call home.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sport-Utility?

Nobody on here buys there four wheeler to drag race up and down on a straight road... the occasional one every now and then is fun but thats about it... Hell the only time i've drag raced my brute was against a king quad who didn't know what he was getting into. (Apparently he thought his big single could take me)

The brutes power is used in every corner hill bump whatever... If i want the front end to come up i hit the gas if i'm coming out of the turn and want to kick the rear end out i hit the gas and break the tires loose... power can be used anywhere and thats where i get my kicks.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sport-Utility?

I love to drag race. I do it all the time, when ever I can. The power of a bike to beat another bike in a drag race was very important to me when I was buying. I wanted what ever bike I bought to beat a Grizz in a heads up drag race.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sport-Utility?

Originally posted by: Brute23
I love to drag race. I do it all the time, when ever I can. The power of a bike to beat another bike in a drag race was very important to me when I was buying. I wanted what ever bike I bought to beat a Grizz in a heads up drag race.
LOL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Sport-Utility?

I'm looking for similar qualities, and have come to the conclusion that I will buy a P700, and throw a set of all traks or big horns on it, along with some other items like handguards, beadlocks, and skids and have my own sport utility.
Also, the Prairie 700 comes with a locker for nasty situations!

Old 02-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sport-Utility?

Originally posted by: Brute23
Amen to that brother. We trail ride in the mountains in the summer, and hit the sand dunes where we spend most of our time woop'n up on the sporties at the sand drags the rest of the year.

Quick Reply: Sport-Utility?