Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Atv tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atv tires

I was just wondering which tire is better for mud riding. the super swamper vampire EDL's, or the Mudzillas??

Old 02-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default Atv tires

both r good but i'd prefer the itp mudd lites they grip good on any terrian

Old 02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv tires

If you want a pure mud tire, brooks, just know that you sacrifice a lot of power, smoothness and overall handling if you bolt up a set of big, aggressive mud treads. That said, of the two you mentioned, I would say the Vampires. You may want to look at Highlifter Outlaws as well. If you need suggestions for something more middle-of-the-road in mud/trail performance, let me know.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Atv tires

RedGoblin, I'd be curious to hear your middle of the road list. I'm about to order the gy mud runners but haven't yet.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv tires

lizard, GREAT choice for a true mud/trail performer. I was absolutely SOLD on these tires a long time ago when I realized the ITP Mudlites didn't wear very long. The only reason I'm getting Supergrip Superlites is because they are basically Mudlites with a tougher rubber compound and they are cheap in comparison to a lot of tires out there. The ones I would take a good hard look at are of course the Mudlites (but beware, unless something has changed the rubber is fairly soft on the lugs, XTRs may be an exception to this), Supergrip Superlites (check them out, same weight as Mudlites supposedly too, and cheap), Highlifter Outlaw MSTs (expensive, but seem to be the ticket) and Bridgestone Mudhook XXtremes are all the ones I used to have on my list a long time ago when I was REALLY researching them. These new Pirelli Mudwisers may be pretty good too, but there hasn't been much published on them and I haven't seen anyone that has them. I think if you go with the Mudrunners, you're making a very educated and thought-out choice for a guy trying to get the best of both worlds and that can't afford 2 or 3 sets of tires. Like I said, they are a little on the heavy and expensive side, but I've heard nothing but excellent things about how they perform and that they wear like steel. I'd check the Supergrips out if I were you before you make a solid decision, and I'll hopefully be bolting mine up by the weekend and will let you know if you'd like how they do. Anything else you need, let me know. Feel free to PM me. Hey by the way, how do you like the Powerline? I was close to getting one awhile ago for the Rubicon, but spent the money elsewhere.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Atv tires

Sent you a pm, looking forward to hearing how you like the new tires.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv tires

Middle of the road mud tire. You should also look into the Mudbug and Gators. Both fit the bill as a good all around trail mud tire.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Atv tires

Just an update, the weekend deadline for getting the tires on was way on the optimistic side. I hope to be picking the King up tomorrow and if that works out, will hopefully be putting the new tires on tomorrow night. They've been sitting here in my living room since Saturday, bumper as well!

Old 02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv tires

Well it wasn't ready today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]Come on Action Cycle! They said probably tomorrow though, so that pushes the install back to tomorrow night and ride review....I don't know. I wanted to ride tomorrow, but obviously can't and the temperature is going to drop like a rock from Friday on. Not a big fan of riding in the bitter cold unless there's powder involved.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv tires

Dirt wheels gave the super grips a good review. Hey red, how about bear claws? If you have an opinion about them I would like to know.

Quick Reply: Atv tires